CLOSED: Trading partner Lazlo (and questions)?

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I am trading with another member whose user name is Lazlo. He doesn't have what any seedlings for what I wanted to trade for right now. So, he promised to take care of me come spring. He also encouraged me to come here and ask about him. So, should I have trusted him? You tell me (if you've had dealings with him).

I was hesitant because I was just burned by a seemingly nice lady named Shelly aka "Shellynona." She quit communicating. I really thought she was going to send her agreed items, but never did. That's the first bad experience I've had trading on DG. I was going to leave some appropriate feedback for her, but have been waiting. How long do you give someone the benefit of the doubt before giving up? Her last communication was on 10/12/12.

Erin

Pretoria, South Africa

Erin,

You can't go wrong with trading with Lazlo. He is a real gentlemen, and his trades are very generous...

Elsa

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Absolutely - you can trust this wonderful man!

(Zone 9b)

Lazlo is AWESOME! I am new on DG and still learning how it works, No have/want list even posted and yet he was kind enough to send me alot of seeds, took the time to answer my newbie questions & made my 1st DG experience great. Seems to be a kind-hearted man of his word and any dealings with him will always have a positive outcome. ~Julia~

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

agreed. Lazlo is very friendly and a great dg trader!

Sorry you had a bad experience...is this person a dg subscriber?

This message was edited Nov 21, 2012 8:26 AM

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Lazlo is a truthful generous person to deal with.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Well, thanks everyone for the positive feedback for Lazlo. I guess now I can relax about that trade. He only wanted one variety of seeds I had. So, it wasn't much to lose if that were the case.

About the other trader, I don't know how to tell if she's subscriber or not. Perhaps that's the problem. She has no feedback.

Erin

Here's a link to the other trader's DG page:

http://davesgarden.com/community/trading/list.php?member=Shellynona#b

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I have visited that page but don't see where it would say if she were a subscriber or not.

Erin

She's not in the DG address exchange, so I don't think she is a subscriber - just a member.

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

I would also like to add my 2 cents here...if you could have the perfect trade partner, Lazlo would be on the top of the list (along with a few that have posted here (grin) ). I have had some bad experiences and I am sure others here have too but there are so many wonderful honest members on DG, they out weigh the bad. If Lazlo says he will take care of you in the Spring he will and you won't be sorry :)

I am not familiar with the other person you listed.

Connie

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm not familiar with Shellynona either, but they are a member, not a paid subscriber. If he or she were a subscriber, there would be an ending date beneath the one he/she joined: http://davesgarden.com/members/Shellynona/

Well said about Lazlo, Connie!

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I agree that Lazlo is generous. I know he's given me lots more than he ever wanted back.

What were you looking for, from him? I have a wide variety of Asian greens Like Bok Choy and Chinese cabbage, plus a few other crops and flowers.

http://cubits.org/ellasgarden/db/hogwildseedswap/view/95465/ Bok Choy Have List
http://cubits.org/ellasgarden/db/hogwildseedswap/view/95614/ Chinese Cabbage
http://cubits.org/ellasgarden/db/hogwildseedswap/view/93248/ Other Asian Seeds
http://cubits.org/ellasgarden/db/hogwildseedswap/view/17766/ Flower HAVE List

I don't know what's going on in his life, but I'm quick to assume about anyone that "stuff happens".
Maybe needs a reminder?

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

IF Your still unsure Please check out his feed back Page I"M SURE YOU WILL BE VERY IMPRESSED :)))

http://davesgarden.com/feedback.php?user=LazLo&action=about_user

HE Is AAAA++++++++ In Trading

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

I think that Rick misunderstood. Laslo is NOT the member that has been unresponsive!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the responses. Don told me to come here and ask about him. I never would have known to do that. As I mentioned before it wouldn't be much to lose if he didn't come through.

Erin

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Ive traded with Lazlo several times and found him trustworthy and generous.

(Zone 7a)

Wow! I'm a little stumped on this one...wow! I would hope that someone would read my feedback before Posting publicly about our trade about me...hmmmm

Lazlo's Feedback: http://davesgarden.com/feedback.php?user=Lazlo&action=about_user

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Slightly Also,,, to that last response.. only he said ask here, sight usage difficulty maybe/? Anyway LazLo is great to trade and talk with!!!! always worthwhile!!!.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Lazlo is super and always generous with trades--has been for years around here:) I don't doubt for a minute that he directed you to ask about him--he's a well liked fixture in the seed trading forum and DG and probably knew we'd all chime in to help reassure a new DGer. Trades seem too good to be true at times and you just have to take that leap of faith. I was burned on my first trade here but it has been smooth sailing since which I dearly appreciate.

Wish you many more successful swaps here in the future:)

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

Lazlo is great! always does what he says he is going to do. always.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Lazlo is a Great and Generous trader :)

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I would like to see Lazlo's trade lists but I am having difficulty, finding him in the member list. Please help. Thanks.

Coos Bay, OR(Zone 9a)

Lazio must feel very warm and fuzzy about now. I know I would. Good for you, Lazio.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I just checked the link to the lazlo member page above and it seems to be the same person who contacted me, but it's spelled "LazLo." Member names are case sensitive aren't they? Same user? http://davesgarden.com/members/LazLo/

Erin

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

There is only one Lazlo on DG, as far as I know. The person you had trouble with was newly registered. They probably got what they wanted and left. You may want to contact Admin. so they are aware of the issue and this person doesn't sign up under another name. I've never traded with Lazlo but I know many that have and they all have had a great experience.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I did find Lazlo & dmailed him but so far, no response.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Some people are on the sight daily, others only pop in once an a while. So dont fret if there is a delay in response.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Okey.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

What did you say in your message to him? He responded quickly to all of my correspondence.

Erin

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

They should get a notification by email If they don't answer the dmail BUT it doesn't always work. He offers trades all the time and from what I can tell he always comes thru.

You may try dmailing him again it may have got lost in cyberspace.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Anybody hear from Lazlo recently? I contacted him the 5th about finishing our trade and still haven't heard from him. Just curious because everyone recommended him so highly.

Erin

This message was edited May 17, 2013 10:59 PM

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I fibally got in touch with Lazlo and we did a trade. He is a very busy fellow but quite charming & a great trader. No complaints from the button lady.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Um mm ...

I see "Carlisle PA". Have you ever been to the Sunyside Diner? Is it still there? I used to go to the auto parts plant on business, and LOVEDD the Sunyside Diner.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Rick, I am so sad to tell you that Charlie Mallios, the owner, died, his son & DIL ran it for a few years, then sold it to a 3rd party who eventually closed it because business was bad and it now sits unoccupied, waiting for someone to buy it. Best food in Carlisle for many years. It was called the Sunnyside Diner, then Charlie remodeled it into a fancy restaurant.

This message was edited May 21, 2013 9:27 PM

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

>> Best food in Carlisle for many years. It was called the Sunnyside Diner, then Charlie remodeled it into a fancy restaurant.

Sigh! Best food anywhwere, I think! I alwyas wnated to make a pilgrimage back there to try more of the craqb casseroles.

My company did several projects for NAPA/Echlin. Our negin eers and engineers from another NAPA/Echlin divison were in Carlisle to do some work for that Enchlin division.

My company had a rule that we could entertain people from other companies by buying them DINNER on the expense account - but we could not put DRINKS on our expense account.

The NAPA en igineers were allowed to liquor us up on thier expense account, but NOT buy us food.

We were engineers and had our slidfe rules with us, so we figured it out.

We took THEM out to DINNER at the Sunnyside Diner, and they put the booze on THEIR tab. A fine time was had by all, but the price of spark plugs may have gone up 1/10th of a cent that year. Hopefully qall the money we saved them on ink jet printing, barcoding and inventory control made up for it.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Rillo's is still open. There are 3 restaurants there that make great crab cakes in Carlisle but none as goodas sunnyside.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks! There was a great Italian/mediteranian restaurant in a nearby town, "Kosta's", I think.

Belton, TX

Lazlo wishes to thank everyone for the positive things that have been said...he is fine and working hard in his garden...will get back on line in a few days and catch up on all of those things he has missed!...

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.