Garden Club Tree raffle

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

hi, all!
Worked over the last few weeks assembling ornaments and .decorating our offering for the Marleah E. Graves Foundation Christmas Tree Raffle. Members of my garden club made most of the ornaments and the angel on top for this year's tree. Our theme: Angels and Snowflakes. We are also decorating the staircase. This is to support this community center. It is an old school building with two giant oak staircases. They had a tremendous response last year. My dog Toby helped out by being cute!
We had a blast.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart Thumbnail by gardenmart Thumbnail by gardenmart Thumbnail by gardenmart
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Those are angels are just too cute!
Love Toby's face!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Because it is the Garden Club tree, we made the angels out of little flower pots. Thanks, we love Toby's face and the rest of him too! He was such a good dog with the crowd of people that were coming and going in that room last weekend.
Martha

This message was edited Nov 19, 2012 1:43 PM

Thomaston, CT

Love those angels.....

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

We also decorated their staircase with lights, swags and silk poinsettias. Got more glitter on me and the floor than I think stayed on the swags.
Martha

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice, Martha! Can we buy some??

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Well, the decorated tree is part of a raffle. You buy a chance on the whole tree. If you win, they are all yours. Proceeds benefit the Marleah Graves Foundation which is the group that cares for the MEG community center. My friend in the GC has made little snowmen from flower pots as well as given us the pattern for the angels. We made the snowflake ornaments from floral pics we bought at Joann fabrics. Trees are from many town groups and businesses.
Martha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.