Photo contest

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Wow! great pictures, though, sadly, none of mine, in this year's contest! Poor Morticia! It will take her 3-5 years to get over this disappointment and bloom again. And, unlike past years, several of the photos I voted for actually won! Loved the picture of the morel mushrooms. I voted for two of the winning dahlia pictures in honor of my late MIL, whose favorite flower they were. Can we have tree and shrub categories next year? I had pictures that would have fit well there but not in the listed categories. or a foliage category. I had fun.
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Congrats to Weeze, Bill, Ronnie, & I'm not sure if it's our Iris, for your winning photos....great job, everyone!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

thank you marilyn

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

good job representing the NE!!!.. you guys did great!!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks guys! Congrats to Iris, Weeze and Bill, great shots!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yes, way to go you guys!!!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Yes, congratulations to you all. I like the after contest post to find out whose pictures are whose. Still working my way through them all. Martha

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Thanks, guys. I mentioned to Jack that May Queen got an honorable mention, almost post-mortem. Poor baby did not stand up well to Hurricane Sandy. It took ten 20 gallon containers to get her to recycling. I think she's earned some extra fertilizer this spring.

Thumbnail by venu209
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

so sad to see Weeze.. she does deserve that

Thomaston, CT

Poor clem!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

poor YUGE clem

Wish it had been a clem, they're thornless!

Thomaston, CT

Not a clem? What was it?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

must be a rose

Yeppers, a rose, used to be a vey big rose, with thousands of thorns, according to my bloody hands :/

Thomaston, CT

Sad to see it gone....maybe a drastic pruning? Did that to a shrub rose this spring....cut almost all of it down....did very well in June...

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Just finished up looking at all the pictures with the insect category. I know I followed 2 butterflies around for about a half an hour to get a nice shot of the pictures I submitted. Those two categories amaze me on account of the photographer's patience required. You can't make a bug sit, stay and be cute.
Martha

Thomaston, CT

I can't do that with my dog, either!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.