Need Help With ID

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

A good friend got this one as something else and is not sure what it is. Any help will surely be appreciated. Mike

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Looks like something I saw on LA. Very pretty, how big is that flower? how tall is the scape?

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Virginiarose, I will obtain that info from her.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

ok

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Looks like it could be PAPER BUTTERFLY.

Karen

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

That's it!! I had just bought one when I saw this. Mike here is the link for the AHS.
http://www.daylilies.org/DaylilyDB/detail.php?id=33960

susan

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

I guess it could be, but the colors are not the same. Paper Butterfly has a purple eyezone and this one doesn't.

Also, the picture that Mike has shows more of a crispate (?) ribbon petal. Do some bloom like that on this particular daylily?

Linda

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Here are some pics of my PAPER BUTTERFLY.

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Ok, I thought maybe his was a bit faded. Also in the link the flower is even more different, but what you said about the ribbon petal is very true. Do you think it could be a UF?

BTW, 'Paper Butterfly' is so pretty!

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Karen....that is a beauty!!

I still don't think the pic Mike shared is the same flower though..Too many differences. Especially the shape of the petals & sepals. Even though your PAPER BUTTERFLY doesn't have the vivid purple eyezone, it is still quite a bit different from Mike's pic. Jus sayin......

Linda

Winter hasn't even started and I'm already looking forward to the spring and early summer to see some more blooms!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

My Paper Butterfly. Thanks for all the input Ladies.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Mike, the picture of your Paper Butterfly looks like the one I saw on Tinkers I think. It has the PURPLE eyezone like it is supposed to have.

Linda

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Okay, I see what you mean, Linda. Now I'm stumped. I thought, well maybe it's VIOLET EXPLOSION, but then that one doesn't have any purple on the edge like Mike's NOID does.

Karen

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

I've been looking for ones that are similar to Mike's friends daylily and I keep going back to PAPER BUTTERFLY too. I do believe it is one of Morss's lilys and I even looked at PAPER BUTTERLY childrens.

Here are a couple of possibilities...All Morss, but we all know that one bloom on one plant does not always look like the plant that fan came from!

BORDELLO QUEEN

RUNE MARK (Looks Promising)

SILOAM WIDE LACE

ALL THE TRIMMINGS

JULIE NEWMAR (Looks promising)

Linda

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Yes, it's very difficult and they fade too. Your choices all look good.. I would pick Rune Mark if I had to, but Julie Newmar is one of my favorites! :)

susan

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

I first saw Rune Mark on the LA a few days ago as one of Cheryl's offering and I thought the same. JN has always been on my list. It is very hot one on the LA. Waiting for everyone to back off so I can get it. LOL!

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Yes, I think Rune Mark looks like it might be the one!

Linda

Mike did you ever get the height of the plant and the bloom size, etc.?

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Mike, you are too funny. I was thinking the same thing about the LA and JN. LOL

Wow, just realized Rune Mark is on my want list!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Linda I don't have that info yet. BTW, I am MIKEDON on the LA. Didn't think to use the same Daves ID there. Virginiarose, I see you throwing your weight around on the LA. LOL!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

JN has been on my wish list ever since it came out. Someday....

Karen

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Marietta Garden has JULIE NEWMAR for $28 and Daylily Meadows has a double fan of JULIE NEWMAR for $20.

Linda

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I saw it on the LA for 25.00 for a DF.

This message was edited Jan 23, 2013 7:38 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.