Introducing myself

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Don't be confused by my name. We just moved up at the end of September to Lowell, IN from the Tampa bay area of FL, where I had lived these past 30 yrs. We're on two acres and I have a 5 yr plan to landscape a good part of it into beds with a meandering path. I'll be following the posts here to help reaquaint me with gardening up north, something that I played with a little being limited by having only my parent's home to experiment with before I left for college. Fortunately, about twenty-odd concrete pieces, mostly statues but also including three birdbaths and two benches, came with me. We had 2.5 acres in Florida, so I had some room there. I tend to want plants not found in the big box stores, so your experiences, trials and errs will be indispensable. STU

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Some of the pieces I was able to bring.

Thumbnail by FLStu Thumbnail by FLStu Thumbnail by FLStu Thumbnail by FLStu Thumbnail by FLStu
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well welcome !!! What's cooking Stu?!!lol Love the statues!! Meditation in the gardens ,(SIGH) ^_^

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

What I would do, by researching -- find plants you'd like to have, check out the Seed Trading Forum.... most will send seeds just for postage -- and winter sow many of your plants....

will give you something to do over the winter, and save you lots of $$ in the long run.

Welcome to the Upper Midwest Forum.... and hope you enjoy the winters... they will obviously be longer than in Tampa.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.