Blooming Today in Phoenix

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Colors don't show true on my camera but this is Savannah Sweetheart

Thumbnail by CheerMom Thumbnail by CheerMom
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very nice!!! How is the height on that one?? I love doubles but unfortunately most have short scapes. I am always looking for those that are taller.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

This is the very tallest one I have that's why I put it in the back of the bed, I knew it would be tall but not that tall LOL! I'll go out and measure it when it gets daylight but it's definitely over 3 ft probably. This pic was taken yesterday - I've got a second scape coming up right behind it.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Wonderful!!!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

ooo yes, I really like that

Saginaw, MI

Very pretty flower!! I too love the doubles but only have one so far!! Looking forward to getting more along the way!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A pretty flower blossom indeed!!! I have no doubles yet Grrrrr.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

And I thought everyone had Siloam Double Classic. LOL!
CheerMom, nice treat.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

It's not Siloam Double Classic Mike. Much taller than SDC, which I like.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

It's about 40" scape and flower is about 5.5 inches across, next one to bloom is even larger.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Here's another bud just bloomed today.

Thumbnail by CheerMom
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

That is a very pretty Daylily!

Linda

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Hemlady, that was a quip to Juhur7 not having any doubles yet. LOL!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey !! HazelCrestMikeB; . I didn't have when that was posted ,now I do have ,LOL

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Juhur7, happy for you in that regard. I only have a few. Got Raspberry Ripple Cupcake as a gift from "Daylilly99, aka Pat Ball, this past summer.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Good for you Juhur7. You will like them.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Love that SS, Cheermom! Is out a rebloom scape? I'm assuming it must be. I have very few doubles myself, compared to how many singles I have. And I think I only have two polymerous ones so far, or maybe three.

Karen

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

polymerous' I thought you would like to know I had to go to the AHS dictionary of terms to look that up , You got me!!!lol
Thank you teacher,,, I will return to my corner know, with the AHS dictionary of course lol
DG'r offer of winning ticket is the one I have now ,we'll see
I will hold out for luck with my crosses for any forms of "polymerous" With my luck though ,,the last couple of seasons they will all bloom green!!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I just bought Winning Ticket last month juhur7! - it's my kind of DL.

I didn't go to the dictionary but I had FIVE buds on this one scape for SS and I have another scape coming up behind it. Just planted it in July so this is first blooming season for me.

The most buds I've had on a plant so far was four but it's really the first seasonI've personally had them for almost all my daylilies.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

When is your peak bloom season in Phoenix, CheerMom? I would think out might be May, but maybe I'm wrong.

Juhur7, I'm glad I could teach you a new word. We learn something new every day, don't we.

Karen

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes we seem to? Only at least I am old enough that learning(or copying) this one did not get me in trouble!!!!
Maybe?^_^

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Doesn't seem that way. I'm sure there are some people who don't learn new things every day, but personally, I'm always learning new things, cause I'm so curious, I'm always looking things up on the internet, asking questions, etc.

Karen

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Karen, I believe you. You are such a knowledgeable cookie!!

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

That why I said she's the teacher, she was making me use my computer learning cookies.^_^^_^

I am still playing with the seeds though, Although plants seem to come from somewhere ,from time to time.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks!

Juhur7, that shows real initiative on your part by going to the internet and looking up that word yourself, rather than just asking me to explain it to you, which would have been easier, though it may have taken longer to get your answer that way, depending on when I was available to respond.

I learn new things all the time, but I don't always remember what I've learned.

Karen

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Lol....I was thinking the same thing.....that I learn it today and msybe learn it again tomorrow because I have already forgotten it !! :)

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Sue, I'm thinking that perhaps my Double Pink from Hardy's in CT is Savannah Sweetheart! (My kitty kat is named Savannah)

I'm putting a picture here of my Double Pink, but mine is more bi-tone in color.

Linda

Thumbnail by l2le
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Mine is more bi-tone really too, for some reason it didn't pick up the color exactly right. If I have one more bloom left I'll try posting another pic.

Sue g

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Sue, mine is it's first year, so it is not settled in yet. Here are a few more pics of it to compare.

I also have a PEACH double, or perhaps it is the pink also! (4th)

See the vein on the petals? Yours has them too.

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I am glad the weather is not the same here and there, and that you all keep photos. I am in awe (sigh)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Whatever out is, Linda, it sure is a pretty one.

Karen

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

I agree Karen. It is just one of those that Laura got for me in CT and she never bothers to ask about the hybridizer or anything. I ask her when I get them, but then Mr. Hardy just says, "gee, if you would have asked me when we dug it up, I could have told you". So.....to Laura, it is just a pink double! Oh Well...One of these days I'll figure it out. It sure looks a lot like Sue's Savannah Sweetheart though.

Linda

Juhur, mine photos are from July 2012.....not currently blooming. Sue's (CheerMom) are blooming now.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Linda,

Here is the last bloom from the first scape of SS. I have three other DL's with scapes up, one about to bloom. I think they are confused because they came from other parts of the country and they think it is Spring again - LOL. Anyway, yes our peak bloom is May here (usually).

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Oops here's the pic

Thumbnail by CheerMom
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Ah, to see daylilies blooming again. Sadly I will have to wait till June.

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.