Adding a Rescued Furbaby...or two... to My Family

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Tomorrow I'm working with a rescue group to help capture about 50 dogs, mostly border collie mixes, to be rehomed and moved to NO KILL shelters around the country. Some are going to Colorado, some to FL, and I'm taking some to Birmingham, AL Friday to a shelter there. It's really amazing that shelters far from here are volunteering to take these neglected babies AND arranging transport themselves too.

You can see pictures of these precious furbabies here:

http://www.facebook.com/angie4animals#!/photo.php?fbid=10151162731050073&set=a.10151155970465073.441554.550330072&type=1&theater

Click on a picture to go to the next picture. Some of the dogs are just adorable! I wish I could have 30 or 40 of them! As it is, I'm planning to adopt two of them tomorrow. I think I'll take one of the black and white border collies and one of the brown longhaired border collies. I've already decided on their names too--Sebastian for the black and Lucien for the brown. The picture I've attached to this post is not the two I'm getting, but they will look similar. Who can resist faces like these?

When you look thru the album I posted the link to, be warned that some of the dogs are very skinny. The man who cares for them is trying his best to keep them all fed, but of course some dogs will push others away from the food. So only the hardiest of the bunch are getting enough nutrition. I'll probably adopt the skinniest ones so I can get them the proper nutrition right away. They are such beautiful creatures! I can't stand to see them in this environment.

If anyone is along our journey from Memphis to Birmingham and would like to adopt one or more of these dogs, please let me know. We'll be leaving Fri morning and could meet you somewhere along the trip. It's a monumental task trying to find homes for 50 medium sized dogs. They're also not accustomed to human interaction so you'd have to work with them to fully socialize them. Most of them will come close to humans, but they aren't used to being handled, wearing collars or walking on leashes. This one man has had them in a fenced yard and only had time to feed them daily. They're sweet and with some love and attention, I think they'd make wonderful family members. If you're interested in one and can meet us on Fri, just drop me a note with your phone number and we'll try to arrange it.

NancyAnn

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
This thread has 21 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!