November in your neck of the woods .. come chat :-)

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Hopefully I moved us over correctly ^_^

Happy NOVEMBER everydone !!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

We were originally here ....

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1282840/

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Betty.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Yes, moved successfully, Betty!

VAnn - I agree with you on the extra garbage created by the individual servings for each coffee cup......

We got some blackberries yesterday - 12 of 6oz containers for $6.99! We grabbed them, and I'll make some jam or blackberry sauce out of them..... yummmmmm!

Bob didn't do well at his bowling tournament this am - he got 22 below his average and needed to be above, to be considered for the Provincials.

Score on the blackberries Susan. Hope your jam or sauce turned out.

Apparently there is a mechanism to decrease the litter from the Keurig, looking into it.

Not a good day for me today. Very a achy and I'm just not into taking more drugs, so I'll be quiet and stew.

Watching the American election buzz closely. Will be watching how Ohio votes as apparently that is the key State

Have a great week

M

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I have the blackberries in my porch, where it's much cooler (sheltered, but lightly heated).

a "mechanism" eh, Marilyn? Sounds like a better idea.
I hope you get to "stew" quietly.......

I guess the US voting is tomorrow......

Lots of unsettled voters in New York. Am hearing an extra day will be added for them to vote because of the state of their State.

May be a snow storm headed our way getting all the shovels and blowers ready.

Still flat out. :(

M

Hi all ..

Am going to be more of a 'lurker' for the next little while.
The medication I am taking to HELP me is plain and simply knocking the beejeebers out of me.
My stomach is NOT happy, and sleep is my enemy .. MAJOR insomnia happening ..

I'll write as I can ..

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Take care, Marilyn, and God Bless!

Victoria Harbour, ON

"M" understand how difficult it is for you to be up and writting when you feel like "h@&l". Had hoped these meds would be the answer. Sending hugs and prayers

Watching elections as well, I likely pay closer attention to the USA election , find it interesting

Had lost you all, thank goodness I found you all and now back on the radar

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yay, you're back, Betty!! lol
I wonder if the election is finished? I don't watch much politics........

I guess Obama and the Democrats are happy today. I wish him and Biden well.

Soldiering here. Biggest goal for today is a shower.. Kinda weakish,good thing there's a shower chair.

Keep smiling

M

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, nice day out there..

Was up watching elections, didn't go to bed until 2:30am, will need a nap today for sure..

"M" do take it easy today..glad you have aids to help, guess you are now sharing with Lorna

Betty, Lorna 's equipment is coming in very handy to say the least.
Accomplished the shower and was going to make a cheesecake pie but no icing sugar. Am sure I have some but where is another question.

Dull and damp here.

Hope everyone has a great day

M

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wonderful that you have each other to lean on..
Is Gord still going hunting?

He's wanting to stay back as I have a couple of appts, but, I have said no.
I'll be OK .. have people I can count on if things were to get complicated .. and I'm not expecting that to happen.
Have decided I have let my electrolytes get out of whack, so am sitting up in the kitchen drinking some juice, had a banana as well .. hopefully that'll get me back on track, a bit.

Gord and Lorna are being very considerate of me, but I absolutely HATE feeling this way :-(

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

You have been there for Lorna, I'm sure she feels as though she is being of value to you. Bet they are watching your every move..

Pretty much being 'hovered over' and even though I appreciate it, I also hate it. I am truly an independent soul .. but, as the days pass me by, I realize I am going to have to accept the hands out ..

ABAnn .. I see Edmonton got pounded with a huge snowstorm .. hope you manage alright.
Susan, did Calgary get snow as well ??
We are being forewarned of a major winter storm due to hit the Thunder Bay region on Saturday. We're ready for it, Lorna and Gordon have gotten the snow blowers out, changed up the oil and spark plugs, plus Lorna is just chomping at the bit to use her 'MULE', they have secured the plow blade on it and it's ready as well ..

Hope everyone enjoys their day

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Now you know how Lorna felt "M" and how warm it felt in heart when you were able to do something for her..your turn now, know it's done out of love. Rest and maybe take up a new hobby!

was -6 this morning, calling for double digit temps for the next 3 or 4 days..should be home getting things done but it's Christmas Shopping weekend for me, a friend and 2 SIL's, can't say no to that lol

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

"M" Ditto on Betty's advice. You are a caregiver and not a care getter! Just like my Mom! and my MIL. Get into your new "normal" and things will be better. I bet Lorna feels good being able to help, would it be easier if you looked at it from her perspective? At any rate I hope your pain is easing as that would be nasty.

Thanks for asking about the weather. Got Slamed yesterday about 8 inches on top of almost bare yards. Lilac's bent to the ground with weight as they still had their leaves and the wet snow stuck to them like glue. Work had trucks stuck all over and in the ditches, pretty much shut us down. Got to go home 30 minutes early as most other folks live far away and I'm only 7 minutes on a good day. Traffic was lite at 4 pm.
Hubby did snow blowing up and down the neighborhood , thank goodness for a small snowblower!
Work is slow today so am catching up. Temps are dropping and travel is not advised. Cookie baking weather!
Alberta Ann

WOW .. 8" of snow!!! That sure is plenty enough to cause havoc. I wonder if that's what's coming our way .. as I type this, Lorna and Gord are outside putting up a 'shelter' for her Mule .. it was on sale at Canadian Tire today and since I think my shopping is going to be done mostly online, I just told her 'MERRY XMAS' buy the enclosure .. every so often I peak out and see some progress. Gord is not a patient man, but, Lorna is quite calm and methodical .. so .. it's coming together, albeit slowly ^_^

Trying to become used to being cared for, doesn't come easy to me .. but I'm trying.
Was laying on the bed, reached to get the heating pad and inadvertently UNPLUGGED it from the power bar which is way under the bed .. so .. will have to wait for someone to re plug me LoL

Hope you get to bake some cookies ..

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

ABAnn - I SAW how you were slammed yesterday!! Are you dug out now? And I'll bet it came with cold........ brrrrr There were a lot of vehicle accidents reported too...

We've got the light fluffy stuff, but with a wind, and predicted to be 15 to 25 cm......about a foot. Still, less than Edmonton got! Theirs looked like snowball snow, and if it's in the trees, I imagine a lot of broken limbs too...... right?
Thank goodness for your DH and his snowblowing. He's a "snow angel" for many people, obviously.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

~M~ get used to be cared for - it's lovely, and you're worth the pampering, for all you do and have done in the past!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg AlbertaAnn, hard to believe you've already got that much snow..yep cooking and baking time! They are calling for double digit temps here, I'd better enjoy.

Should call my plowman, he knows he does my yard but just to make sure if I'm away he plows.

I'm sure Lorna is thrilled with her Christmas gift..we are not children, when it's something we really like, hey, why wait. They were saying many are using on-line shopping, getting bargains galore.

I still enjoy the going out and looking for that something special, cold/stormy doesn't matter.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Ooh and my DH is in Edmonton w/o boots! His cousin lives there and after a short meeting in Calgary, he went to Edmonton to help his cousin go through their late aunt's belongings, most of which Sandy just packed up and took home. He's got a flight back to Ottawa tonight.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

ViolaAnn He will know to check the flight schedule, right? It has started snowing again and that's not the big problem today, its the moist snow that has frozen. Very slippery everywhere. Even when you get the snow cleared it has left a sheet of ice. I went around my yard last night with a broom to bump the trees so they would dump the snow that bent them to the ground. Would have been a funny Utube. I got covered!

Got a small batch of Chocolate chip done last night but one of these days it will be Christmas bake time. I do that in bulk with a neighbor. We end up almost killing our selves but it's worth it as all my baking gifts will be done.
Yep winter is here
Alberta Ann

Victoria Harbour, ON

surely it's not there to stay??

Aunt Muriel gave me two recepies, wanted to make them while she visited last night but forgot to get 1/2 of the supplies, so will have to be another day.

ViolaAnn, am sure your hubby will be glad to get home to almost summer temps. Lol overwhelming going through someone's belongings..

suzanne has been doing that the last few nights..thing is a lot of it you wonder why on earth they kept it but realize its a treasure from someone special.

Got Stokes seed catalogue today..bit early don't you think..will go through it and ohhh and ahhhh

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I don't think the snow is here to stay in Calgary - ours disappears pretty fast because of the Chinooks.
Don't know when we're getting another one though. Last one got rid of our last snow storm week & a half ago.
lol AbAnn - picturing the snow "klumping" down on you - where was that camera when we needed it, in VAnn's DH's hands? LOL

VAnn - he'll be happy to get out of the Edmonton snow!

Watching the weather channel and the snow reports from Alberta. Looks so frigid I guess if you ski you would be joyous!
Thunder Bay is expected to get maybe 5cm on Saturday should be easy to deal with.

Don't want to jinx myself, but, my right hip is a bit less painful today. Fingers crossed the medication is working after 2 weeks. But I I know it'll take a month or more for the full effect.

TGIF

M

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

So glad your hip is feeling better (don't want to jinx it either however.....)
Heading out to get some bloodwork, ordered by my new Dr.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Gorgeous out there this morning, cool but promising to have double digits..will enjoy..leaving for Buffalo with 2 SIL's and a friend for Christmas Shopping weekend, brought a light jacket so here's hoping they are right or I'll surely freeze.

"M" nice to know you aren't in severe pain today..just do not overdo, easy to do and then pay the rest of the day.

Susan, glad the new Doctor is keeping on top of things.

Was in bed before 6:00pm last night and still tired..thought I'd catch up on sleep because I know with the girls there will be little of that..they even look for store open 24/7!!

I'm pretty much done but always nice to find the unusual..

When I get home I will have to go in search of a new mattress,either that or if I find a good 3" memory foam buy it..woke up in such pain..think the fibers of the mattress are weak and I'm feeling the metal coils, maybe its them putting pressure on nerves..got to look after that for sure..

Susan, do drive carefully your roads look treacherous.

Trust me Betty, I am cooling my jets don't want to pay dearly for the reprieve
Hope you have a fun weekend shopping, should look for the memory foam there.

M

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

~M~ I didn't drive, Bob did, and yes it's treacherous out there......

OMGosh my new Dr sure requested a LOT of tests........ all fluids (have to return with some, later), and an EKG. Guess I can cancel my cardiologist app't of Nov 29th then, cuz it's DONE today.......
And so quickly too!! As the technician said, "he asked for everything".
I see my Dr on the 19th for a complete physical now. I'm impressed!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Great Susan..hopefully you will have answers to your health issues.

Just what I needed "M" an e-mail from Khols saying extra discount tonight-open until midnight and open tomorrow morning at 6a.m. lol Will check for the memory foam, if it's more $$ than here than I shall wait until I get home..not likely have a lot of room in the car with 4 women and their luggage..ohhh maybe I could sit on it..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I know my "heart" issues are related to drinking those energy drinks.........won't catch me having them anymore!!!!!! My heart is juuuuuust fine, but I appreciate my Dr checking!

Have never drank an energy drink, in fact I don't even drink coffee as I dislike the "speed up ' it gives me.
You're wise to avoid them.

Waiting for the snow /freezing rain to hit. Looks imminent according to the radar.

One step at a time today.

Enjoy your weekend

M

Happy birthday to VIOLIST. :)

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Happy birthday to VIOLIST who is enjoying a BEACH birthday. :)

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Happy Birthday, Violist!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all,

Remembrance Day, time to reflect and say a prayer of thanks for those who have and do protect our freedom ..feeling safe is due to their courage!

happy belated birthday Violist!!

Hope the weather for most of you is as nice as it has been here..actually shopped all day with no coat. Sure hooe you didn't get the freezing rain..

Got to tell you, won't feel badly about NOT shopping for awhile, I am shopped out.
Managed to get 4" memory foam topperm sure hope it does the trick, suitcase full Christmas fabrics, rotating Christmas tree stand ( wasn't it I who said didn't even know if I wanted to decorate this year? few Christmas pressies for the boys anfpd boy, did I spend my allowance!

Listening to 3 women snore in unison, rather listen to them than get them up early and have to shop for another 6 hours..I'd say this weekend we non stop shopped
17 hours..boo to the stores that are open until midnight and to the 24/7 big box stores.

I am hoping that once we go to other end of town for breakfast and a few stores, back to a few miles from border so they can pick up those ' I should have bought' item that we can start for home around 5 or so but hoping it will be earlier..3 1/2 hr drive..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.