Hello from Middle Tennessee

Linden, TN(Zone 7a)

We are a couple of retirees that are realizing our dreams... Gardening !! My spouse has always dreamed of having a truck garden and when he moved here to Tennessee and realized the potential, well.... he decided to just go for it... It isn't about making money...although it would be nice... but more just to be doing what we love.. Last year we planted 4 acres in Tomatos, peppers, corn, melons, and squash...okra and a few other things.... and gave most of it away to folks..... I canned lots of tomatos and juiices and froze some of the produce... and so we have a nice larder filled with "summertime"...

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Welcome, RoseberryFarm! Wow, four acres of veggies is a whole lot to give away. I've always wanted a vegetable garden, but out here in the woods, we can barely enjoy flowers without the woodland critters eating/destroying everything.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Please forgive my tardiness, but I would also like to welcome you, RoseberryFarm! My goodness, what a beautiful dream come true, Congratulations!! =)

Happy posting, and I'll look forward to seeing you around, ... not to mention enjoying photos of your fabulous veggies! :)

Nelson, New Zealand

Hi Roseberry,
like you I am a newcomer and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as I do. Lots more to explore yet of course.
Wow, that sure was a big planting. We moved out of town to the country way back in 1985 and began with establishing a commercial orchard and grew glasshouses crops. We decided to have a home orchard with lots of different trees, apples, plums. nectarines, peaches, cherry, walnut, almonds hazels.......was great for a few years and like you most of the produce from those tress was given away.

The business side expanded and the trees had to make way for buildings. We moved into town but grew flowers and tubers on leased land for five years and three years ago retired from that. My husband now has a hobby of growing shrubs and perennials. He sells at local markets around town and he really enjoys meeting people and answering their gardening questions. He also sells tools, finds that the male customers are happy to sort through the stock while their womenfolk check out the plants.

Thumbnail by Nelsonian

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.