November Weather. End of fall, start of snow season!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Well crazy year as far as weather went.
Hopefully last two months are more normal.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

sunshine and 50's today!!!^_^ ahh warmth from ol Sol at last!!!! Well I was wondering?!!!
Winds at 7 or so cool to about 40 tonight.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

31°/50°/34°
Partly cloudy this morning, then becoming cloudy during the afternoon. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

We lost our chance for weekend rain :o(

Got my flu shot yesterday!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

55°/77°/61° Sunny
Yesterday warmed up to 74° and finally the strong winds we have been having died down to just a nice breeze. First the Hurricane and then the cold front brought winds for a good week. I worked all day in the garden pulling weeds and planted some cold hardy annuals in my died out summer containers.

I was tilling the compost and found that someone had thrown an avocado seed in it...Well now I have a one foot avocado tree growing. I'm sure it is a Haas since that is what we eat. They don't grow in Florida, too wet I guess. But worth a try.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Highs in the low 60s and sunny. My plants don't know what to do in this crazy weather. My roses are blooming like crazy even after hard frosts.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

42/°/53°/32°
Partly to mostly cloudy. Winds ENE 5 - 10 mph

Sun,
It is so unreal to be planting annuals, LOL!
Smiling! I've thrown avacado seeds in the pile too, but never had a tree grow. I hope your's lives!

Pepper,
Enjoy those roses. I rustled a few stems from one in a cemetery a few weeks ago and one stem put out tiny leaves! I hope I can keep it alive over the winter. It's a coral color and scented!

I hope you can keep it alive too!! I would love to have a coral one that is scented. I'll have to keep eyes peeled for one.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Soooooo we are grave robbing for roses now!!! are we!!!???? ( I always seem to have to ,don't I)?lol
40's here rainy. partly cloudy, Suns through the rain are always fun to see!!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well I guess someone or anyone must have taken that badly? lol Now , now , it is not any different from my house plants gained from funerals.(c'mon now... take it the way it was meant)lol
Well autumn day nice comfy cold and wet, fall is always like that here. I suppose we might be in for the weather system from the east, all upon what the jet stream decides
Going high 50's tomorrow maybe 60's for the weekend ,all right baby!!!! can you dig it!!?!^_^

Only five or six days from now I will wonder about the storm system and what all those winds throwing all that snow on everyone will do, Looking like it is going to keep traveling to the north from where it is and that is great by me, I ""ain't ready for snow" !! 31 and light frost tonight, sunny for tomorrow we will see!

I actually forgot about that comment. lol.

It reached low 50s for high today and sunny. I'm more than ready for snow. Just let me get truck inspected and tagged first. lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sun showed up today. First time in a week I think. Who remembers!
Maybe hit 50º. We were inside all day, sheetrocking & then taping a kitchen. We have cabinets nearly ready to go in.
Need to finish plowing my field. Wheel bearing went out on tractor. Need to fix that first.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We are talking about snow? IT Is 71 degrees and sunny at 3 pm A slight breeze at 1 or 2 mph .humidity about 68% .

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well now the humidity is at 48% and the winds are S 13 ,still in the 60's though, the old days it would be snowing and snow covered by this time, Theoretically I hear it is getting warmer,, this time I will agree, until tomorrow night anyway, that it is a November warming for now....

71 here currently and windy. Cold front coming in with storms and temps only reaching mid 30s tomorrow.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Another gorgeous day, but have a "cold front" coming in tomorrow. Supposed to be 42 Monday morning. I may have to cover the plumeria trees. I don't have the plastic up yet in the hut. It is supposed to be chilly for three days in a row.

Not really up to moving things just yet.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Cold front came through at 9:35 PM. Yesterday record temp at 73º. This morning 31º. Strong south wind yesterday, switched to NW as front came in. Thunder, lightning & rain with the front & wind went NW.
An area in Minneapolis/St.Paul had trees down from the storm.

(Zone 7a)

We are just finishing with a snowstorm over the last 2 days. I measured 11 1/2" of snow. It's still lightly snowing now but the clouds are finally breaking up. 34º and rising a bit.

Thumbnail by kwanjin Thumbnail by kwanjin
Mountain View, HI

Still reading the weather postings but nothing to report from Hawaii. Still our regular benign tropical weather. Rain showers from late evening to early morning and then breezy with sun and light passing showers during the day. Temps are getting a little colder at night. Probably went down to 58f last night. Winter cold fronts approaching from the northwest are stalling short of the islands. Disrupt the trade winds for a couple of days but that's about it. We had a couple of days of southerly winds last week that gave Honolulu some VOG (smoke from the active volcano).
Hurricane season ends at the end of this month and (fingers crossed) we saw zero storms anywhere near the island this year.

SO, I will keep reading and do a posting if anything exciting happens.

Was around 39 when I woke up this morning and raining hard. Now it is around 32, not raining, but the wind is blowing pretty good again.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A day or two since much has happened here. 50'S DAY 30'S NIGHT the next few days. Pretty and nice for fall, even if fall always looks a bit gloomy.
A nice sunny day ^_^ Weekend suppose to be the same.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi! Long time--no see!

Sunshine and highs in the low 50's here for the next 5 days............Not too bad for mid November!

Photos: I biked the GAP and C&O Trails from Pittsburgh to Washington DC last month. I pulled a trailer and camped along the way.
early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

A few more photos from the bike ride.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Nice and warm all weekend. High 50s in Des Moines and here. Enjoyed it immensly!! lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Still 48º here at 8:30 PM. Nice until Friday when a cold front will come in.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

60 for a high today, nice fall to be enjoyed!! see ya. oh yeah, it was sunny too!!!

57° this morning, breezy and pretty cloudy. Just got back from a week of camping in the woods, was great camping weather. Should creep up to low 70's today, and the sun will probably peek out here and there. Pretty much fall like weather now, loving it!

Early Bloomer, such wonderful fall photos, I'd love to bike and camp like that.

kwanjin, very pretty snow pictures.

Some of our fall colors in the wilderness.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
(Zone 7a)

Now, that's the kind of Fall I can enjoy. No snow... LOL

It's been pretty mild around here the past week. Mid- and lower-50s with some sun. Today is the first day we've seen a real sunny day. 52º right now.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

56º at noon, sunny.

Okay...so it never got past 59 today...what the heck?...am I still in Florida????

Currently at 56. Pretty nice out.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

High today was 59º. Record for this day is 61º. Forecast for Wed is in the 60's.
Last winter we had many days very warm, like above freezing!

Mountain View, HI

Gloomy and damp. Temp barely gets out of the 60's. Thick high cloud being blown up over the islands from the tropics will block the sun for the next four or five days. Haven't seen the sun for the last week for the same reason. Light showers but forecast to get wetter over Thanksgiving. This grey overcast covers just about the whole island chain so not good for the tourists.

Yes its great living in Hawaii but really miss the fall season and the opportunities to travel farther than the edge of an island.

High in the mid 50s and sunny today. Supposed to rain on Thurs and by Tues next week we could see our first snow.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

83 today! Beautiful tomorrow, possible rain on Friday.....but we need it!

Hi Pepper! Hope you have a great weekend!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Jeanne

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

High around 60 with bright sunshine expected for Thanksgiving day! All downhill after that...........

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

High of 72° today, mostly sunny and Nice! Per the weather forecasters, it will be like this for a week...Oh Yeah!

Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving Day today!!!

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

51º at 5 AM. Going to 60º by noon. Then the cold front comes in, 22º tomorrow morning with a wonderful NW wind. Possible snow flurries.
This is why we love Minnesota, never boring weather!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Bernie

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

50's sunny ,60's and sunny today only the wind is cold!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
cold front on it's way in here for tomorrow also.

Mountain View, HI

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Still grey skies, no sun, no wind, it may rain, temp about 70f. It's like everything has gone still, waiting for something to happen. We may see the sun on Saturday or Sunday. Tradewinds should return on Monday to get things back to normal. Really strange couple of weeks of weather.

Currently 62 and dark. Temps will keep dropping as cold front moves in. Still dealing with gusty winds also. Snow mixed with rain possible Monday with a mix on Tues.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.