In the Works

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Steve and I just about finished the house. Still needs some rock trim on the base but it is basically finished. Won't be able to really set it out until spring, but that gives me plenty of time to try to make some fairies and accessories from clay? We shall see.
Porches and sides are old barnwood from the old deck at our cabin.
One side of roof is bark and the other is shingles.
Harry Lauder walking stick for the window and door trim and billowing smoke and corkscrew willow and a barberry painted blue for the birdnest.
We plan to make an area in our shade garden under the water maple right at the base of its huge trunk!

This message was edited Oct 28, 2012 8:21 AM

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Added acorn lights, tea set, Believe! and planter on porch today!

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOVE it!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Great imagination and use of found objects. Love the old wood and how the roof looks like it's leaning with the wind.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks, it is amazing how my mind races with one idea after another once these projects come together. Steve is working on one now that is octagon and I am already thinking of how to finish the roof and add windows and such.
I have so much material right here with my corkscrew willow, harry lauder, tall grasses, flower gardens, rocks and pines. The ideas are endless!

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Fantastic!!

South, TX

How creative, you did a great job!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I'll have to take some more recent pics as it has really developed in the last week! Been making fairies from clothespins and old flower arrangements!

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

GORGEOUS!!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks, LOL, now meet Black Powder Pete!

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
Smiths, AL

Cute i love them well bed time night

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks it is a lot of fun to accessorize!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh my gosh, you used a Lily bloom to make a blaze orange vest. So very clever! Where did you find the tiny rifle or did you make it too?

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

What a fantastic job you both did! I love the acorn light fixtures the best! The proverbial light bulb in my head went on when I saw them. What are the dimensions of the house?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks you two! I did purchase the black powder rifle at Hobby Lobby.
I love the acorn light fixtures too and I actually dipped the tiny bud from my dogwoods in white paint and inserted in them to make the bulb.
I think my favorite is the teacups and teapot and tray made from acorns. I used the woodburner to make a design on the tray. I'll post a pic of the tea pot today later.
This is the tray with teacups and bowl, I used pine cone petals for the base of the bowl and drilled tiny holes in the acorns to add the harry lauder handles and same for the tray.
A close up shot of the spotlight.
Tea set on the table and the last shot is the garden swing I made of clay and harry lauder with another tea tray.

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

This is a closer shot of the sign I made to welcome the fairies.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

This is a pic from last week as I had it laid out on the pool table.

Thumbnail by haighr
Smiths, AL

Wow yall are soooooo amazing yall now how to do this stuff its........ a.m.a.z.i.n.g.=amazingi

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks, they are fun to work on and a continuing process.
I forgot to give the dimensions. The house is about 9" square and stands about 15".

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'm even more amazed at the job you did when seeing the closeups

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thank you that is very kind. I got to take a pic of the teapot today!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.