Christmas Luncheon

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

When: December 1, 2012
Where: My Home
Time: 10:30ish until we are tired of eating, drinking and being merry
Please Bring: A dish of your choice and a $20.00 door prize. We are adding something to this year's party, a cookie exchange. So, bring your favorite cookie (we can decide on the amount when we know the number attending) and an empty container to take home full of other cookies!

I hope you can make it!

Bringing:
Kim: Ham, Paper Goods and Drinks--mostly diet--(?)Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Loretta: Sweet Potato Casserole
KA: Cheesecake--Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Charlotte: Grape Salad and Curried Fruit
Sarah:--Rice dish and Peanut Butter Pie(?)
Sandy: Greenbean Casserole, bread and Ginger Snap Cookies

This message was edited Nov 18, 2012 7:34 PM

Thumbnail by duckmother
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I plan to be there!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

i'll be there!! I'll wait a little closer to time to see what to bring.

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

I'll be there. I can bring sweet potato casserole

Little Rock, AR

I will be there with my jingle bells on! I'll bring something to eat, just don't know what yet. Need to look through my cookbooks and get some good ideas.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

If we could get enough people wouldn't it be neat to do a cookie exchange too? we all make a certain amount of one cookie/candy and then we put our cookies on a table, bring an extra container to put our new cookies in, we go around the table picking one from each tray untill the table is out of cookies and we have alot of different varieties of cookies or candies. YUM> I always loved going to cookie exchanges lol

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Think my DIL has a group that does this some. I would.

Does it really matter how many people we have? Lets see a show of hands...for? against? Do we want to just do cookies or add candy? Fudge? Pies? Cakes? Oh My! Make me stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes Kim there is no end to what we could do!!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Well then. We should just do it. Lol. Does the gift/door prize have to be garden related. I was thinking of something more Christmasy for a gift.

I think that is up to you, KA. I may have a little of both as my gift...

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

This message was edited Oct 31, 2012 9:49 PM

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I love the thought of a cookie or candy exchange! I have never been to one, but they sure sound like fun! :)

I am not sure yet if I will be able to come - it gets crazy at my house between Thanksgiving and Christmas with 4 bdays and the holidays !! but I sure hope to be there. Hopefully will know in a week or so what all the schedules will entail.................

Little Rock, AR

Yea, a cookie exchange, I'll bring some. Yum. Do I need to bring candy, fudge, pie and cake too?

The gift: It's a surprise!!!!! I love it though and hope whoever gets it will too!!!!

Still haven't decided on the dish I'll bring. Hope everybody gets to come.

Hope you can make it, Genna.

YES! Sarah, you must bring one of each ;o)) No worries on dish, you have about a month to decide!

Should we do just cookies or add candy? I guess we should tell the cookie, so we don't have 10 different types of sugar cookies!

If just cookies, I will make 4 O'Clocks and/or Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

What is a 4 Oclock?

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes we do need to tell the type cookie or whatever so we don't end up with all the same kind! I can do oatmeal raisin and or chocolate chip.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Probably a good idea to tell
What we will be making. But we do all need to bring the same amount. So many Dozon. So how many doz should we bring of what ever we will be bringing. Keep in mind. I thi k we brought 3 to 5 doz in my past cookie swaps. ill look through my recipes to see what I will bring

I guess the amount depends on the number of attendees.

Genna, a 4 O'clock is a pecan cookie rolled in powdered sugar. Some people roll them into moon shaped cookies and called the crescents.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

mmmmmmmmmmm one of my favorites!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks Kim - not heard of that one. I would think the number of dozen would depend on the number attending as well. Did ya'll decide to do cookies? or are you including candies? i guess it might get really confusing doing multiple things with a few people?
Just whatever is fine with me.... we all I know I like food!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

It's ok to do multiple things, as long as you have the same amount of both cookies/candies. maybe we should stick to cookies. ha? guess we can wait a little bit to see who all is going to come. How many is coming now?

Yeah, if someone wants to make candy, it will be eaten! So far, 6 people have confirmed...

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

On the spot!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Lol. U got that right!!

hahaha for sure!

Sandy is going to bring greenbean casserole and ginger snap cookies

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Mmmmm love gingersnaps! Glad Sandy can make it!

Little Rock, AR

I'll bring Mexican wedding cookies. How many do we bring?
I'm thinking I will bring a veggie dish of some kind but I also have a peanut butter cup pie I thought I would try out on ya'll if you don't mind being guinea pigs!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Ya'll, I don't want to scare you guys, i'm gonna have to call my heart doc today, been dizzy and light headed for an hr now, almost fainted when I bent over to look for socks. had to sit on the floor. I did call danny but I am going to go into work and see how it goes, will call my doc from there. I've been feeling odd the past week. heavy breathing, and chest pains, I thought it was over weight and stress. I won't be able to come back here to post what I find out, or when I have to go in. I'm sure he'll want to do a stress test on me. It's time, I've been feeling uneasy these days, knowing or thinking i'm on the edgge of a cliff about to fall off feeling. My weight is a critical thing that affects my heart condition.

Little Rock, AR

Kathy Ann! I don't think you should wait. If you have an irregular heart rhythm or a heart block of some kind you need to have it treated as soon as possible or it could lead to something worse. Remember, I work at a heart hospital!!!! Not to scare you too bad, but women do not have the same symptoms with an MI that men do. PLEASE, don't wait and it's probably not a good idea for you to drive yourself.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kathy Ann you do need to see someone right away!
Sarah I just sent her a message and told her to get to the hosp!
I don't know if you know it but she has had two heart attacks previously.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I just got a message from her. She is at the doctors and it is an inner ear problem and not her heart!
Will let you know if I hear anything else.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Her blood work was fine. She has a bad case of vertigo! They want let her drive so Darren is picking her up and driving her home. I told her to get in bed and rest! I think she will ! They had to help her to the bathroom her vertigo is so bad. She realizes she should not have been driving!!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

So thankful it wasn't her heart! Vertigo is no fun - but much better than heart problems!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, my goodness! I'm just now seeing this! I've had vertigo before many years ago and it is no fun but I am SO RELIEVED that it wasn't a heart attack. Kathy Ann--feel better soon! Hugs!!

Yikes! I'm glad KA is fine! Sarah, 4 o'clocks are the same as mexican wedding cookies ;o)) You make those and I will make dish pan cookies and peanut butter cup cookies. The pie sounds very yummy! I will be any kinda pig you need! LOL You just let me know if you want o make pie of veggies...

Little Rock, AR

Kim - go ahead and make your 4 oclocks. I didn't realize they were the same cookie. I'll find a different cookie to bring. It will give me an excuse to go through my recipes!!!
I was thinking of the pie AND a rice dish unless you just need one or the other. I don't know if the pie will be good, but it sounded good to me!
Kathy Ann - take care of yourself! Our group wouldn't be the same without you!!!!!!! Charlotte, thanks for texting KA. I don't have her phone number or I would have called and acted like a mother hen. LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm back in the groove again. Going back to work today. I can't see how stressed caused this though since I was just getting up when it happened. Y'all wouldn't believe how long I slept yesterday. 4 hrs the first nap. Then I went to Bed for the night at 6:30. Just got up. That medication made me so tired. I'm good to go now. I'm glad it wasn't my heart too.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm going to try to make it but it depends on what hours I work that day, it is after Thanksgiving and Hobby Lobby is going to be packed. BLAH!!!!! This sounds like some serious fun!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.