Need home

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I have an extra Sassafras tree about 2 foot high that needs a new home. I already have 2 for my yard that are over 6 feet tall and doing well. But I can't have any more. The only thing I ask is that who ever wants the tree send back the shipping charge. I can dig and ship early spring before it leafs out or I can ship next month.

I also have 2 Oak trees looking for a new home.

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I would like the small sassafras and will definitely pay postage:)

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

paula, I already have your name down for one of these trees. deejay wants one and that leaves me with 1 more to find a home for.

Boston, MA(Zone 6b)

Marti, I'll send you a dmail!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

So far have found homes for all the trees except the Oak trees.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

How big are the oaks? I wish I had planted one 25 years ago.....

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Oak trees are only about 2 feet tall. Here is a picture of one of them.

Thumbnail by marti001
Madison, WI(Zone 5a)

Sorry this is so long after you posted your thread. I didn't see it until today. Do you still have the oaks? I would be interested if you have them. Are they white oaks? Hard to tell from the picture. How much do you think postage would be?

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I have no idea what kind of oaks they are. They just came up in my yard and I don't have room for them to grow up. I'll measure to see what size prority box I can fit them in without hurting them and will let you know on Monday.
I will see if I can get better pictures of the leaves.

Madison, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks! Our house backs up to a wild prairie / oak savanna, and we have been planting oaks behind our house to blend in.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I've got your name on the oaks. If I find anymore around the yard I'll add them to the box. Are you only interested in oaks or would some sassafras work. I found a place with lots of baby sassafras trees that I can dig up if I find homes for them.

Madison, WI(Zone 5a)

I think I'll just take the oaks. I have never heard of sassafras trees growing here, so I looked them up on plant files. Apparently they are hardy to zone 4, someone said that they are growing them in Cambridge, Wisconsin (about half an hour away). It looks like they need a fairly acidic soil, and ours is about a 7 on pH scale. So I will pass on them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.