New GH Up!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

This thing was really easy for me and my helper Vanessa to put up and even with the plastic added, the cover wasn't hard to get on. I think it's going to work out really well.

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum Thumbnail by Xeramtheum Thumbnail by Xeramtheum Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

This looks REALLY nice!
Entlie

Sumter, SC

Good location, too, at your fence corner. I didn't have mine properly staked last Oct when high winds caused 1 to become airborne and it landed on it's side about 20' away. They're built well, because nothing was damaged.-)

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks!

Wow Donna, That's good to know it can take a beating. I'm actually going to screw it to the fence one of these days .. just for added protection

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

You might want to get on that sooner rather than later, we have a big blow coming by. Just got back from our normally placid beach where there were 5' waves already. I wouldn't want to wish any more bad weather on the northeast but I do hope Sandy keeps on her present path and doesn't veer any closer to us.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Yeah I was noticing that .. I'm going to be picking up the fan and heater for the gh tomorrow and will also get something to secure it to the fence. I also noticed they are calling for temps in the low 40's to upper 30's next week as well .. I've spent most of the day loading up the new greenhouse .. and am amazed at how much it will hold .. I still have lots of space and all my Zone 8 tropicals are in there! I should be finished completely by tomorrow afternoon with both GH's loaded. Whew!

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Ready for Frankenstorm (of which they are calling Sandy up north) and freezing weather .. picked up some augers and tied down the greenhouse also picked up the heater and fan. Both GH's are 80% loaded up with just a few thing left .. mostly plants like my pink & red mandy which actually made seed pods this year .. I'm hoping they will ripen before we get a really hard freeze.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

So, how did it fair
Barb

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Everything is in both greenhouses now .. got the new greenhouse tied down but it didn't budge with the wind. Heating system is up and so far the lowest temp recorded in there is 41 degrees. Won't know for sure how well the heating system will work til it gets below freezing .. pretty much everything in the new one is zone 8 hardy. I'll post pictures tomorrow of it all loaded up.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Here we are .. both greenhouses all loaded up. I'm trying to figure out why the new greenhouse is 15 degrees colder at night .. checked for open areas but found none .. might be the mulch floor.

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Love the african mask.
I have that problem with my greenhouse. It doesn't retain heat very well, especially when the temps really get cold. I have found serveral leaky areas in the roof, hopefully that will get fixed when we replace the tin in a couple of days.
Barb

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I love the Polly too .. just didn't have the heart to cut it back when I was loading up .. same with the Musella and Super Dwarf Cavendish - everything else got chopped. It's a gorgeous EE .. I'd always seen them as small house plants and when I finally traded for one I was in awe to see how big it was getting! I'm wondering what the cutoff point is for the ear size on these guys.

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum Thumbnail by Xeramtheum

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.