Salvia x "Raspberry Truffle'

Gautier, MS

Just wanted to post a picture of my Salvia x 'Raspberry Truffle' first flower to open. It's been quite a few years since I've grown it but happy to have it again.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Candor, NC

Aha! where did you get it from?

Also, how did your sages do this summer with either little or too much rain?

Gautier, MS

Hi Rich, I got it from Flowers by the Sea.

I'll have to say that I lost some of my salvias in pots but the ones on the ground did fine. I have a few microphyllas, loads of coccineas and mexicanas. Also Yvonnes salvia splenden and Wendy's Wish has done well. Subrotunda I grew from seed kind of late so it started blooming in Sept. and some like Big Swing has not bloomed but I have it in my gh. We did have quite a bit of rain at one point during Aug. I think.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Once again 'Raspberry Truffle' first bloom and salvia Amistad.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
London, United Kingdom

I have Raspberry Truffle here in the UK. It is in flower now, and is stunningly beautiful. I read that it is winter-flowering, so I am not complaining! The small plant which I brought home was from the southern hemisphere.....perhaps it thinks it is still there??? (Though it originally came from California.)

Gautier, MS

I agree Robin, I bought this salvia from FBTS this year again. Love the color, will try to get cuttings started so I don't end up loosing the main plant again. This year I'm trying to grow more salvias.

Candor, NC

You can thank Andy Maycen for finding this hybrid and getting it into distribution.

Gautier, MS

Thank you Andy for your great find and sharing with all the salvia lovers.

Thank you also Rich and Robin for your contributions too, and a few others that keep us wanting for more salvias.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.