Mouse in the House

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

I have posted this before but was several years ago. You might enjoy it if you missed it last time.

This morning I was sitting at the computer peacefully catching up on my Emails. Hubby was watching TV.
I heard one of the cats making that sound that they make when they have a “Gift” for us. You pet lovers know the sound and can picture the scene. Kitty has something in her mouth that she won’t eat but she’s bringing it to her favorite people. Hubby heard her and yelled "Come here quick, something is wrong with one of the cats, she's at the door crying!!!”. Before I could tell him that the noise she was making meant that she probably had something horrible in her mouth as a “gift” for us, he opened the door and let her in the house. In her mouth was a very much alive “Gift Mouse” that she had caught and was bringing to us.

Now you have to picture this, Hubby was standing there barefoot, wearing a pair of shorts. Kitty ran to him and dropped the mouse right at his feet. It ran across his foot... he yelled, no he screamed. This once macho man was running for his life. So was the mouse.
The mouse ran under the chair. Hubby grabbed the first weapon that he could find…my new gardening magazine. He was yelling “I am going to kill that thing”. I was yelling “Don’t hurt it, it’s just a little mouse and that's my new Magazine”. I grabbed another magazine and together we started to herd the mouse out the door. Have you ever tried to herd a mouse??? Behind the sofa, around the lamp, up on the chair and then under the table, and that was just Hubby. LOL

At last we got the terrified little mouse out the door and onto the deck. It landed lying flat on its back with its tiny little feet trembling in the air. I thought we had killed. I went up for a closer look, I think that the little thing was laughing, when it saw me it jumped up and ran off the deck and into the yard. Hubby took a shower. LOL

Hubby is still mad at the cat. I asked if he thinks he will remember the sound the cat was making the next time he hears it. From his answer, which I can't repeat here, I don’t think he will ever forget that sound.

Thumbnail by picabo
This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!