What's blooming today? October 19

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's Emmerick's Fountain of Life. Not a perfect bloom, but who's complaining on October 19?
Please disregard the weeds.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2012 11:25 AM

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I agree! It is pretty - and it is just wonderful to see something blooming this time of year!

East Greenwich, RI

I cant believe the blooms on this moonlight masquerade. It's just been non-stop and I counted another 50 buds to go.

I also had this one called "Spooner" today - look how huge it is!

Leslie

Thumbnail by lesliehand Thumbnail by lesliehand Thumbnail by lesliehand Thumbnail by lesliehand
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow - that is amazing!! I can't believe they have that many buds this late in the game!! It must like the weather you are getting!

Genna

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Gingerjar that is a beautiful bloom.

Kinda of reminds me of my Asheville Belle Chere

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

It's bloomed once more since the 19th, but had a hard time opening. It was really chilly that morning. I believe there still are a couple buds. I also see a scape on Jersey Spider.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Turns out when I went outside this a.m., I found a third bloom on Foutain of Life. It's the best of the three that have bloomed the last few days. That's probably because it's quite a bit warmer this morning.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Wow! That FOUNTAIN OF LIFE is gorgeous!

I have ISIS UNVEILED that has made a scape & is trying to bloom, but I think it is too cold now. My AARON'S LITTLE WHOPPER has bloomed a few times in the last week, but I'm having the same problem. The blooms aren't opening all the way. One time they did a few days ago, but all the others look kinda goofy! LOL

Linda

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Lucky you!!! Very pretty!!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

beautiful!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice blooms. I especially like that SPOONER. It's great to see any daylily blooms at this time.

Karen

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I have Spooner but mine never looks that good.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nice blooms for this time of year...

My last bloom for October...temps are suppose to hit 90 today so i will see a few more late blooms...

LADY DUCK

This message was edited Oct 31, 2012 6:31 AM

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Very pretty, Lyle! Which one is that?

Karen

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Love the throat on that one Lyle.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Lady Duck, is one of Don Eller's daylilies and has proven to be and awesome parent..

http://donellerdaylilies.com/blog/?page_id=173

Thanks Cindy - The throat on LD reminds me of SUGAR GLIDER'S throat.

SUGAR GLIDER

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, that SUGAR GLIDER is a gorgeous one!

Karen

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sugar Glider is almost always my first bloom of the year, for those who like the EE (early-early) blooms SG is a good one..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.