From Blah to Fun

Central FL, FL(Zone 9b)

When we gutted our kitchen and remodeled, I hung a chandelier over the kitchen sink. It was too "fancy" for the fairly rustic kitchen, so I trimmed it with a bit of paint and removed the crystals. Sometimes I like the contrast of rough and smooth (or "fancy"), but this wasn't the place; the crystals just looked overdone rather than being a nice juxtaposition of styles.

However, I thought the chandelier looked a bit blah in my colorful kitchen, so I replaced the crystals and spray painted the whole thing. I'd once seen a chandelier done completely in white, and I'd always wanted to try that. Here was my chance. Since doing this one, I've also painted one in our bedroom, crystals and all, because it seemed to fade into the background. Now it's gold (the color gold, not metallic gold).

The curtains are made of a vintage (pre-1947) block printed tablecloth from India, and I have some fabric left; so I'm going to have the shades covered with it. I like the crisp contrast of blue and white, but it looks out of place here. The blue is brighter in the leftover fabric because the curtains have faded a lot even though they don't get direct sunlight.

Thumbnail by bivbiv Thumbnail by bivbiv
This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!