K. Bogotensis Rhizomes

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Before it gets too cold for mailing, would anyone like a rhizome or two of K. Bogotensis? I have several newly harvested , ready to sprout rhizomes . I don't want anything in trade as I am trying to pare down my light stands for the winter. My daughter is "going to stop by and take care of my plants" while we are in Florida this winter. That means I may be asking for any gessies around when I get back. LOL She trys real hard, but doesn't have a green thumb at all. I also have stolons of Episcias: Lil Lemon, Pink Acajou, Raspberry Parade, Suomi,. KD's Irish Frost, Slinky Pink, and Jim's Lemon Zest I would give away if someone will tell me the best way to package them for mailing. It is getting cooler in the nights here, with an occassional frost or freeze, but it's not too bad yet. Lurker Lou

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Lou,
I would love to have a few and also Episcia stolons.The best way to pack the stolons in to simply put them in a plastic bag,no wrapping on stems.Rhizomes are fine in a baggie too.You can blow into the Episcia bags to provide padding if needed.
Of course I will pay postage.I still have your address unless it has changed.
Lynn

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

HA!! I just sent her a d-mail a little bit ago Sista Lynn. Wasn't sure if you had that Kohleria or not. Is Suomi looking any better for you?

This forum is staying pretty quiet. Probably too late for a RR now :(

Connie

Sis,
It is still hanging in there by a thread.The rest looks great.A RR would have to be pretty fast right now or just Rhizomes,Streps. or other things that can take a little cold.
Lynn

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

I have more growing. You will be getting a bigger one this spring so don't worry if it doesn't make it Sis. I have more cuttings/leaves than anything else to put in a box for a RR. We will have to do a RR this spring. Streps...you got jokes LOL!!

Love the blooms on the Kohleria bogotensis!! GORGEOUS!! Can't wait!!

Connie

LOL, I don't eve have Streps. anymore and I am trying to decide if I want to start again.Right now I am going to try my hand at some of the other Gessies.
Lynn

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Lynn, sorry to have bothered you for your address. I always read your user name as Ibrabec with an I instead of an L. Oh well, old age is comical sometimes. Lou

This message was edited Oct 18, 2012 1:08 PM

Lou,
Everybody must read it that way LOL.I have been asked for it several times,because someone couldn't find it.'
Thanks again.
Lynn

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Ooohh Lou! I hope I'm not too late! I would love to have a small piece if possible!
I have really been wanting to add a Kohleria to my Gessie collection...
I had 'Beltane' several years ago, but lost it before I could get it to bloom.
Thanks for your consideration!
Karen

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I packaged these up today, and after I got them all untangled on my light shelves, some had gobbs of stolons, and others did not. So I have sent each of you as much as I could. I will send them out in the AM and hope they arrive safely this week. Lou

Thanks Lou.I will let you know when it arrives.
Lynn

Sounds like my plants LOL.Right now some of my Sinningia,Kohleria and Episcia look more like a Blackberry thicket than an orderly tray.

Thank you Lou!
:o)

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the update Lou. I will also let you know when mine arrives.

Glad I am not the only one that happens too lol. I am trying to work on some of my plants a little today :)

Connie

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Got them Lou!! HEALTHY!! Hoping the others gets theirs today also :)

Thanks again Lou!!!

Connie

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I'm glad they arrived okay. I hope they grow good for you. Lou

Mine didn't come yet.Maybe tommorrow. I will be sure to let you know.
Lynn

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

GASP!!! Sista Lynn!!! Didn't you just get a cold snap like we did? I swear ours is coming from you....and you can have it back LOL!! We had such nice weather and it went from 64 yesterday morning to the high 30's that afternoon and continued to go down. I just knew your box would reach you before me because of the rural area I live in. Lou sent out VERY NICE cuttings and rhizomes so I hope they make it to you okay. If not, I can share what she sent me. VA_Wild_Rose must not have gotten her box either.

Connie

Just opened :)

Thumbnail by aspenjocop

It had not arrived as of Thursday's mail, but I will be going up to the P.O. shortly......

Yes we did get the cold snap,but so far today it is up to 42.Love the picture.Is it Ozark Blueberry Popcorn? Thanks for offering to share,but I am thinking they will be okay.
Sister Lynn

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Flair. Has several buds on her :)

Connie

Whoops,guess I should have recognized her.

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Hehe!! I'll give ya some credit, they are similar :)

Not in today....

Haven't got my mail yet.

Lou,
I received my box about 5:30.Unfortunately it met with a horrible accident at the Post Office.I think it was caught in a cancelling machine.The end of the box was open,so the Kohleria must have spilled out.
The cuttings are beautiful,but some are pretty squashed.Thank you so much for sending them.I will see what I can salvage and anything I lose I know Sister Connie will share with me.Please don't worry about re-sending anything.

The reason I posted this is so you would know why the box was delayed.
Lynn

This message was edited Oct 26, 2012 6:59 PM

Thumbnail by lbrabec Thumbnail by lbrabec
Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

OH, no!! And I was worried about the cold lol!! Yep, Lou was a very generous soul and I will help get Sister Lynn fixed up...no problem with that.

Connie

Yay! The cuttings are so nice and large I think I can save at least part of them all.
And so many!
Thanks again Lou ^_^!
Lynn

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I so sorry! I worry about Ma vie roses kohlerias also. Hope they arrive okay today!

I am at work today, but I will check my P.O. Box again this evening.

Oh Lou,don't you be sorry! Your box was wonderful! The machine or whatever had punctured a hole in the back of the box.
Lynn

Sorry... but nothing in my box today either.

Since you live in a warmer area it might be okay Karen.Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Lynn

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

The box will be there for sure Monday. Hey, no matter how bad Monday is you know it will be good 'cause you're getting some goodies ::)))

Connie

Amen.

:)

Did your box come today??
Lynn

I couldn't check the mail today. Our P.O. Is about six miles away and we are hunkered down for the hurricane. Depending on how things go tomorrow, I will try to go up there tomorrow. Our winds are at about 50mph now and they don't want people on the roads.

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Darn!!! Well, they might be rooted by the time you get them lol!!! Just joking....please stay safe :) Thoughts and prayers to you and others who are in the path of the storms.

Connie

Oh my gosh.I wasn't even thinking about the where you live.My thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by this storm.
Lynn

As of today's mail, Thursday, Nov. 1st, no package.
Pretty sure it's a goner by this point.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.