Any irons still made in the USA?

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

My mom's old Black and Decker steam iron recently 'gave up the ghost'. I figured it was about to go so I had been looking for a new iron, preferably one made here in the states. Alas, I was not able to find one so I bought one made in Germany, a Roweta. (sp?) I really like it, altho I do not use the steam feature on any iron as they always give me problems. I'd much rather use a spray bottle. Anyway, do any of you know of an iron made here in the states? Also, what is your favorite iron? When I'm sewing the iron is on most of the day. The new Roweta shuts off after about 7 or 8 minutes, which is fine with me, I just have to move it and it comes right back one. I had one of the irons that you could set down in the ironing position and when you removed your hand it would raise up an inch or so. It lasted about six months before it broke down. My DIL has one that still works but I use my irons a lot. I still iron my pillow cases!!! And occasionally the top hem on my cotton sheets?? (I am not going to admit to ironing anything else.....)

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!