Vic, Australia

iris

Vic, Australia

Hi some of my iris are in flower and would like to have them identified so I can put a name to the flowers

I don’t think that any of these are heritage or old types as they were recently purchased.

This is a yellow top with brown bottom, unnamed
Henham came up a close picture in a image search, does anyone know this iris name

Thumbnail by aussie_flower Thumbnail by aussie_flower Thumbnail by aussie_flower Thumbnail by aussie_flower
Vic, Australia

This is a white iris, unsure how many white iris are out there – probably hundreds, if anyone can name it that would be great.

Thumbnail by aussie_flower Thumbnail by aussie_flower
Merino, Australia

Bearded iris are very hard to name unless there is a distinctly different marking or color.
I have been growing them for years and still get fooled by some.
From your pics, your iris are not noticeably different to many I see. You may just have to resign yourself to having a few noids. .
Your white iris look to me like one of the older herittage ones.
There is a similar white iris which grows around my area that can be very invasive if left alone to multiply.
Jean.

Vic, Australia

More pics to add:
Woo have another rocket turn up, so I know I have two bulbs of this one.

Heres a old’e type, its purple with purple

I would guess the third pic is a blue

And my new favourite is lavender with brown!

Thumbnail by aussie_flower Thumbnail by aussie_flower Thumbnail by aussie_flower Thumbnail by aussie_flower
Clifton Springs, Australia

Very pretty AF, mine are just starting, so no pics yet......The blue and tan is lovely, does it have a good perfume?

Vic, Australia

On a warm day they have a light perfume, some are nice and other are like why did I sniff that!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.