Tell me about the Russians

Alum Bridge, WV

The other day I saw some very impressive images of Russian AVs. I had no idea that such things existed........Please share background on them or web sites where I can learn about them. Whowww!

Sanbornton, NH

Hi Vadis,

I will start out by telling you that the Russian AVs are some of the most beautiful out there. The breeders there have done things with the blooms that I have seen nowhere else. That being said, I will also tell you that I have spent a good bit of money on Russian AV leaves. I have little trouble propagating standard african violets, but I have yet to be successful with the Russians. I have gotten not one plant from the leaves. I think my next course of action will be to purchase some plants. I am starting to see them available from reputable dealers like Violet Barn. I will be trying them again, but they have frustrated me.

Hope this helps.

Earle

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

I have grown a few.They have beautiful blooms,but I am not crazy about the foliage on many of them.They are starting to be offered everywhere.Some of the Russian sites have some gorgeous pictures to look at.
Lynn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.