Lets trade

Manassas, VA(Zone 7b)

I have plenty of 2 to 3 year old plants to trade. I am looking for Concord Grapes & Tropical Hibiscus. I have the following: BURNING BUSH, BORDER FORSYTHIA, NIKKO BLUE HYDRANGEN, CRAPE MYRTLE COMMON LILAC & DOUBLE VIBURNUM. Hope to hear back from you all. Jake from Manassas Virginia.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I wish I had something on your wish list. I would love to have the hydranga. Course, I'd love to have concord grapes too. Oh well.
I have 3 hydrangas. I don't know the name of them. I got 2 as cuttings, but I do know they go dormant in the winter and come back up in the spring. One is white with a red throat, the other is red. I also have a wild hydranga lace cap. Found it growing on a property in the hills that was being cleared so I brought it home. The flowers are white and very tiny, but I like it anyway.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Marti, what a great find in that wild Hydrangea - it is beautiful!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Here's a picture of it.
I actually have 2 of it. I took 1 to Calif with me because it was in a pot. Brought it back to KY with me and it is doing well. The larger plant is growing like a weed in my garden. I need to trim it so it branches more for next year.

Thumbnail by marti001
Manassas, VA(Zone 7b)

You say you have a red hydranga ? Do you know the name of it ? I love red in all forms of flowers. the acid in our soil causes our Blue Hydranges to look very striking. The ones that I am offering in trade are well established 2 to 3 years grouth. Please let me know were we are going. Thanks Jake from Manassas Virginia.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

The red I have is not a topical hybiscus. It goes dormant thru the winter and comes back in the spring. I'm not sure how to divide it or if it could be divided. I will have to post pictures next yr of it. And hope I get some seeds off it. I've been in Calif for the last yr and my niece said she would take care of my garden. She DIDN"T!! I lost several roses and some other plants plus most things that did survive did not bloom for lack of care and water during the hot dry days. Slowly things have perked up since I've been back but I didn't get back til the end of July, so I just need to get the flower beds cleaned of weeds and prune everything and get it ready for next yr's growth.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I believe marti's hibiscus is a hardy hibiscus and is usually propagated from cuttings or dividing the roots.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

mittsy, when would be a good time to try to propagate a hardy hibiscus by cuttings or dividing the roots?

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

We (my sister and a friend) divided ours in early spring and took cuttings then, too. We put the cuttings into water until roots formed then potted them up. Traded and gave away in September so they could grow new roots before the first frost. Hope this helps. We're in zone 5a in NY.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks! That does help!

Okyo, in the spring I will try rooting some cuttings and see if the root ball can be divided. I'll keep your name up for one.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I have tropical hibiscus what color is your crepe myrtle? They are supposed to do ok here but I've never tried them.

Sue G
CheerMom

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I think crepe myrtle grows just about everywhere. I see them all over the place here in KY zone 6

Manassas, VA(Zone 7b)

Sue: My Crape Myrtle is Fuchsia (Red/Purple) They should grow in your zone 9b. Please get back to me. I have a good size CR that I have had poted for about 2 1/2 years. What is the type & size of your Tropical Hibiscus ? Jake

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I have various colors, mostly rede, orange, or pink and they are I would say gallon size.

Sue G

Manassas, VA(Zone 7b)

Sue Hi: Lets make a trade ? I will send you the Crape Mertle Let me know. Thanks Jake from Manassas Virginia

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Sent you a dmail

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.