Hello from a new homesteader

Northern Lake County, IL(Zone 5a)

Hello everyone. I thought I would introduce myself rather than just come in blindly to the forums. I am gardening in zone 5A and started gardening off and on a few years ago..I thought this year I would start my prepper square foot garden...Ya right!!! Nope the drought had better ideas for me..so hopefully next year will be better..so this winter I can look for heirloom seed that I would like to add to my garden and seed storage.

I'm a wife of 22 yrs and a mom to a jack Russell. As well as a breast cancer survivor.
I'm not much of a crafter but would like to take up one someday.What I do enjoy doing is birdwatching and pretty much anything outdoors,genealogy,cooking/baking and canning,traveling.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Autumn_Prepper.

Richmond, TX

Hi Autumn-Prepper! I'm not really a homesteader, more of an ordinary farmer, but I enjoy reading the posts here. Welcome!

Greenfield, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi autumn

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Hey and Welcome, autumn!

porkpal... I think anyone who uses the term "homesteader" is a prepper, in one sense or another.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi !

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I am ashamed I have not welcomed you before now. I have had a bit of a rough go lately and have not been around much. I am so glad you have joined us.

I am not a full time homesteader other than in my mind but I like the thought and I do what I can towards the dream.

What kind of seeds are you looking for? It must be quite a challenge to garden much in zone 5. I am in zone 6 and I miss being able to garden most of the year like I did back home in La. We had a bit of a drought here this past season too and I am glad my garden is small.

We'd sure love to see pics of your place.

Here is my garden.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Fern Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Welcome, Autumn :)

I'm a homesteader-in-progress as well. I have a lot of pics of my garden and my projects at my blog...www.suburbindigenous.com. I hope next season is better for you, and I hope you can post some pics here.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Autumn, you still around?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.