October 4th, 2012: Japanese Water Iris 'Butterflies in Flight' (Iris ensata) by

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

The Bloom of the Day for October 4th, 2012 was Japanese Water Iris 'Butterflies in Flight' (Iris ensata).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2012-10-04

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Wonderful photo of a great plant.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Gee Pirl, you grow these too. Your garden must be so full of color! I just love these. What colors in that photo!

Currently I have about 200 JI's. It's great in June and July.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Rub it in! First lobster rolls and now these.

Oh 200, incredible! I like these so much more than bearded iris.

You may find it shocking but I enjoy the lobster bisque even more than the lobster roll.

I like the JI's more, too. They don't fall over in the wind and bloom for a longer period of time. They increase so much faster than TBI's.

Thumbnail by pirl
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

And they are so elegant!

I too may like the lobster bisque more if I had a chance to enjoy it! Not big on the West coast.

Well I am home and resting a minute before I cook, a rare event. LOL

What's for dinner?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL. I lucked out yet again! I bought chicken and hamburger meat (both fast) and gave my husband a choice, being such a good wife. He picked hamburger and then I said slyly, do you want your baked bean/hamburger chili instead? Knowing he loves that (a childhood thing his Dad would make) and he is the one that cooks it for I do not eat it. And he said YES. So now I do not have to cook till Sunday night but since we have gone out for the last 4 Sunday nights, chances are.............................

Am I not the worst wife you know? And for someone who does not cook, I am so fat!

I hear him chopping his onions in the kitchen! LOL

There's a kitchen magnet that says: No man was ever killed while he was washing the dishes. I bet that's true for a man cooking as well.

You just enjoy eating out compared to cooking. That sounds sane enough to me and it does not make you a bad wife.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Sadly, I am lacking in a few other areas too. LOL

I'd bet your husband wouldn't want a Stepford wife.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

You are so sweet, Pirl! Some things are best left unasked! LOL

Perfection in a person equals boredom for everyone else.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.