coleuslover needs some sympathy

Mount Laurel, NJ

Hi,
I'm feeling really really sad and I'm hoping some of you will post here for me. I just learned my ex-husband passed away and I'm feeling bad about it. He was in FL (I'm in NJ) and he quit talking to his family about a month ago as he said he didn't want us worried about him. I thought he was going to get better. It bothers me that he was laying there for several days before the police went in and found him. I know he died where he wanted to but it's so sad.

Contributions of coleus pictures would be greatly appreciated in memory of Matt Chirico of Cocoa Beach, FL. Thank you.
The attached picture if from my daughter, taken next to her front door.

Thumbnail by coleuslover123
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

CL, I am so sorry for your sadness. For you AND for your children. Even for a former spouse, the waters run deep.

I am sending you a few pictures, not all coleus. I hope they'll put a smile on your face, maybe even make you laugh.

They are: #1 are coleus and friends; #2 is a begonia; #3 are coleus newbies; #4 are gingerland caladiums; and #5 is my favorite cucumber (that should make you laugh).

Marcia

Thumbnail by cathy166 Thumbnail by cathy166 Thumbnail by cathy166 Thumbnail by cathy166 Thumbnail by cathy166
Mount Laurel, NJ

Thank you cathy, and the pics really DID make me feel better. Yes, we were friends for 50 years, even tho we couldn't tolerate living with each other (nor either of us could tolerate living with anyone else). He was always there for me when I needed anything tho, except for the past 6 months when I think he just got tired of living. I wish he had lived closer so family could have given him better support. The kids both live in PA.

Loved your pictures. That pickle (oops cucumber so far), is so cute, and all your plants look so neat!

'sedona' from my front yard.

Thumbnail by coleuslover123
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Sedona is lovely.

I understand precisely. You can always love someone even when you don't like him. I suspect you were very good to him and there will always be a void. I also suspect he knew it. Knowing how he was found will be a wound that won't heal too quickly. I hope he is finally at peace and your emptiness and sadness will also subside.

Sending you a few more: the first is White Queen Caladium; the second is most the "Under the Sea" coleus; third is one of my favorite "curb appeal" containers with sweet potato vines, Dipt in Wine and Peter's Wonder.

The Dipt in Wine no longer exists in this container since my prince backed into it last week and flipped it over. Its nice, thick, healthy stems broke right off, but Peter's Wonder withstood the calamity. We both loved having them adorn the driveway.

Please accept my condolences for you and your children. I hope you can relax and get some rest tonight.

Thumbnail by cathy166 Thumbnail by cathy166 Thumbnail by cathy166
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Sorry about your sad news.

Ocala, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm so sorry for you and your children's loss. Experience has shown me that divorce papers do not automatically erase all the good times, hopes & dreams one experienced with a former spouse, and your feelings show that you are honoring him.

After my mother passed (pretty much self-sufficient a week after her 90th birthday party in her sleep - can it get any better than that?) on a whim I bought the "lady head" in the picture below and named it "Peggy" in honor of her passing along her love of gardening to me. And yes, I've been known to talk to "Peggy". ;) Perhaps your children might find comfort in planting a tree or something in memory?

Again, my sympathies and Godspeed, Matt.

Denise

This message was edited Oct 4, 2012 12:13 AM

Thumbnail by denisemb
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

CL, so sorry for your loss. Water under the bridge runs deep and still. I like Matt's idea. Plant something in his memory. This photo was taken last week. 100 degrees here today but suppose to cool off later in the week. Sharon

Thumbnail by WormsLovSharon
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Coleus is like 'comfort food' to me. May you and your daughters be sustained in the days ahead.
((((hugs))))

Judy

Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup
Mount Laurel, NJ

Wow, beautiful pictures, thanks.

That is really a good idea - to plant something like a tree in Matt's memory! I think the kids will like that too.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Bummer

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Dale, that is so obnoxious. Total coleus envy going full time in the desert.

Temperatures here finally on their way down. 100 degrees yesterday, 90 today and low 80s by mid week. Hottest September ever and first 3 days of October, hottest ever. At least since 1934.

Hugs and be safe. Sharon

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

so sorry for your loss... will keep you and your family in my prayers

Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

So very sorry for your loss.

Thumbnail by pirl
Mount Laurel, NJ

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments and pictures. It's amazing how it really does help. My daughter is buying a gazebo with some of the money he left her. She has always wanted one. We are going to plant all around it and put a plaque on it in his memory.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

That's the ideal tribute to him. Great idea!

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

I come and go on this forum as I no longer garden. In reading this, i must join in with my condolences.

Lost my DH here not quite 2 years ago, papers or no papers, he was yours and is being missed and will be missed terrible. Sorry.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

sorry to hear that Helene .. thoughts & prayers to you as well

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

CL, I hope things are getting easier for you and your children. The coming of spring will surely perk you up some. I hope you did not suffer much damage from the October 29th Sandy storm, and it will be an easy winter for you.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

It is a sad story. Wishing you and yours well at this time.

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.