Time from Seed to Bloom

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

I am new to this forum and am pretty uninformed as to daylily culture but I have several daylily seedlings that are about 7 months old. At what age do most daylilies bloom?

(Michele) Cantonment, FL(Zone 8b)

It just depends on when they are planted. we try and have the seedlings, which are 5-6 weeks old into theground by Sept 15. Most of these will bloom the following spring at 7-10 months old.

Since yours are about 7 months now you will most likely have bloom tis coming spring since you are in Tx.

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

Here in Wisconsin it's normally 3 years. Sometimes you'll get one sooner, but not usually.

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanx Tink3472 and Seedsower for your prompt replies. Looking forward to seeing them bloom.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

2 to 3 years till bloom here in Michigan. Once in a great while I have one bloom the following summer but that is very rare.

West Newfield, ME

You guys might want to check out Lori Jones' article: "The Northern Quest: From Seeds to Bloom in just over a Year". Here's the link to it: http://knollcottagedaylilies.blogspot.com/#!/p/northern-quest.html .

Lisa

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Bourret, this same article was in the latest AHS Journal. Mike

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Really Mike, I don't recall seeing it.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy I am 50% sure it was in the latest issue. I read the complete article. I will double check when I get home.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks, yes check and let me know what page it's on.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy I mixed it up. Sorry! The article is in the winter 2011 journal. That's the one with North Wind Dancer on the front cover. Page 46

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Ok Mike thanks!!!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I remember reading that article as well. It was a good one. I can get daylilies blooming from seed usually within 2 years here.

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.