renew membership?

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

My membership is up for renewal...have been member since 2001. I am wavering ...a big thing was our Midwest garden round-up..didn't happen this year..unusally bad year for so many folk..including me.
Query..if season is better next year and health/family stuff is stable..would folks be interested in a RU? Has been held in Madison due to Farmers Market and closeness of many garden greats..esp Flower Factory.

With moving and SO many unexpected problems with the house....so many things didn't get on the inspection list :(..fees are something to look at.
Just asking>>>>

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Marcia, I for one sure missed the RU and I didn't make the Iowa one either!
Seems a shame that no one will step up to the plate and take over what little things there are to do in order to have it.

Hope your move was a good one and that you are enjoying you home and neighborhood.

Maxine

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

What is an RU? Are you looking for Dave's to provide more than just a place to chat and learn?

A round-up has been a social picnic of folks in a certain area. The folks are DG members, but; other than posting particulars (who is coming, what goodies (food/plants) are being brought), DG is not immediately involved.
I think ours was the newest. The history can probably be found on the Upper Midwest Gardening forum.; as that is where the project starts.
The ones that seem to be the largest are the ones in Iowa and Kentucky? You can find the topic on the page that lists discussions groups, I am certain that there are other active RU groups.

HI Maxine, missed you this season. When I posted the query earlier in the season, there didn't seem to be enough folk who could make it. This season was a tough one for folk in many ways.
I do look forward to being more proactive next season. All I have to do at my former home is to coil up the hose and take my last 2 tools out of the garage. I have been doing some gardening prettying up as I took Lots of plants with me. The first showing is this Friday..sure feels strange after being there over 30 years.
I have a lot of plants to get into the ground quick!!!!

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

I'll offer any help I can. Though I have almost 1100 house plants and maybe 50 species of trees, I cannot profess to being much of a gardener. Since it is such a warmer than usual fall, perhaps we can plan a meeting at my house?

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I'll be in Alaska next year at that time.... so i'll miss it.

I too love the RU. Met so many wonderful folks.

Terese

Hi, gasrocks.you certainly are a gardener!!!
The local RU have usually been held in early summer..more plants to trade for in the ground gardeners.
Please keep RU in mind..would love to meet.
Please cross fingers for mild weather, as I have all of my moved plants to get into the garden. My old garden is tidied up..but will have to get into gear this week. Will be out today..when it has warmed up enough for my delicate self!!!!
Marcia

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.