Fall fruit

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Fruit everywhere you look

#1. Pistache chinensis. A bumper crop of fruit this year.
#2. Magnolia stellata.
#3. Viburnum.
#4. Rhodotypos scandens.

Thumbnail by Weerobin Thumbnail by Weerobin Thumbnail by Weerobin Thumbnail by Weerobin
Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

#1. Callicarpa dichotoma. They weren't very spectacular this year. ?Too much heat.
#2. Jack in the pulpit (OK, not a shrub...)
#3. Dwarf pomegranate (punica granata nana).
#4. Wittmann peony (paeonia wittmanniana)

Thumbnail by Weerobin Thumbnail by Weerobin Thumbnail by Weerobin Thumbnail by Weerobin
Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh, Wee, that's so beautiful. What a completely unique yard you have Sometimes it looks like my childhood idea of the Garden of Eden.

Donna

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Awesome collection...some neat stuff you've got growing in your yard. Hope you'll add some of these to plantfiles.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Wee, you grow things I only read about. I have never seen fruit on Jack in the Pulpit. It really stretches my imagination about what can be grown.

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Yes, good job there Wee, I am envious! How'd you get such good production with the heat and drought we had this Summer? I was having a hard time just keeping everything watered and even then there was some stuff too far away too water and several plants died with or without supplemental water, from just the heat. Some plants survived but way underperformed, like losing all their leaves or no flowers, that kinda stuff was everywhere.

But, in any case, I can see where some have the commitment and resources and would have to do it like a job, just providing some normalcy for their plants.
They look nice, you have done an outstanding job.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Very poor berry crops here this year, after the late, cold, wet "summer" (if it can even be called that).

Resin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.