Cat Litter

Orlando, FL(Zone 10a)

Does anyone know of a really soft, fine cat litter, prefereably one of the natural litters? Feline Pine Scoop used to be perfect...it was like fine sawdust...but they "improved" it and now it's heavier and rather coarse. I've tried World's Best Cat Litter but my Kirk isn't happy with it. I've ruled out health, sanitation, and behavioral problems. Kirk simply prefers to dig in something very, very soft. When a small, soft rug is available, he prefers that...he will dig, use, then cover. There are no "errors" when there are no rugs on the floor; he just uses his box and fails to cover. Perhaps he, like I, prefers lightweight also. And never any offenses on furniture, in laundry baskets, etc. I've offered newspaper, whole and shredded, but he doesn't like that. He loved the Feline Pine Scoop before they changed it and there were never any litterbox errors.

Actually, with World's Best Cat Litter, the first time I put it in his box, Kirk tasted it. It's made from corn, and he likes popcorn. Also, this isn't about a sudden change. He's had at least 3 months to become accustomed to the new litter. From my observations and experience, he simply prefers something soft under his paws. (And his paws are fine - no injuries or other problems. Perhaps he just has very sensitive feet like I do.)

Can anyone tell me which litters currently available are really soft & fine textured? Otherwise, I'll be doing trial and error until I find something that pleases Kirk. (I really want to be able to put my rugs back down! I like to walk on them and Kirk likes to nap on them.)

Thank you for your help.

Thumbnail by CatladyDane
This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!