Unusual Staircase Project

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Certainly glad to post only finishing photos as this project had some messy moments. The staircase project was inspired by the tired carpeted look we had for a couple of years. After pulling up the carpet, I had no idea what I'd do for a new look but granted myself unlimited creative license. I certainly had the energy reserve for it!

I hand formed all tiles from portland cement and carved out with a dremel tool. Thank God for Dremel or I'd be finding another hobby real quick! Grout used was a pre-mixed nutmeg colored tile grout. After filling in areas with grout, I carefully pressed the pieces in place. Once dry, I used several layers of semi-gloss sealer to lock it in.

Love my stairway to MOI. Enjoy!

Thumbnail by KimchiMonger Thumbnail by KimchiMonger Thumbnail by KimchiMonger Thumbnail by KimchiMonger Thumbnail by KimchiMonger
This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!