Do you have fall garden planted?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 49 votes:

Yes, I love planting brassicas in the fall.
(9 votes, 18%)
Red dot

Yes, my summer is so hot, a fall garden makes more sense.
(15 votes, 30%)
Red dot

I plant root crops and have them overwinter with mulch.
(4 votes, 8%)
Red dot

I'm south of the Equator and it is spring!
(2 votes, 4%)
Red dot

No, I do not plant a fall garden. (why?)
(19 votes, 38%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I have not planted a fall garden in a couple of years, However pruning grapes replanting Jerusalem artichokes, cleaning, reworking, fertilizing raised beds still gets to close to planting a fall garden, Either gets ya all worked up and to work!

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

#1 Soloist Cabbage
#2 Soloist Cabbage & Early Jersey Wakefield Cabbage
#3 Brassica Seedlings in cool room
#4 Overhead shot of a Tray of Soloist Cabbages in drinking water bottles
#5 Brassica Seedlings in warm room

Our Houston weather is still warm out, but have started hardening off to begin stagger planting of this 1st batch.

This message was edited Sep 24, 2012 3:54 PM

Thumbnail by Gymgirl Thumbnail by Gymgirl Thumbnail by Gymgirl Thumbnail by Gymgirl Thumbnail by Gymgirl
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

trying to get it together to have one this year...but still in the planning stages.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I do radishes and sometimes carrots every fall. Then it's whatever grows from the peelings and seeds I throw out there.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I vote for No, I do not plant a fall garden... Also I did plant fall then squirrels and rabbits digging it out and put somewhere else!

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Today should be our last day of 100, so it's time to start Fall planting; already have tomatoes and some peppers that made it through the summer and planted some carrots,radishes and mesclun greens mix.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I only plant Tomatoes in the spring and they don't do well - not interested in growing other veggies. I prefer to plant my Tropicals and enjoy them!

Molino, FL(Zone 8b)

Yes I love a fall garden. We have planted collards, turnips, mustard, Swiss chard, kohl rabi, carrots, lettuce, kale, broccoli, rutabaga, and I feel like I'm forgetting something but maybe that is it.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

my first year growing during the winter...LOL

Jan

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Jan,
You're gonna love it!

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

No fall garden - not enough daylight for any useful growth from now on.

Resin (at 55°N)

Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

Where is other?
I have a 4 season garden, well maybe 3 1/2 seasons so it was designed to show something in most seasons and Fall is the flowering highlight.
I will also add garlic and lettuce.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I am planting lots of flowers though, today gallery hybrid lupines,tutti fruiti went in last week ^_^

Hamilton Township, NJ(Zone 7a)

I live in an apartment; however, I have a panoply of plants. My current favorites are my Ficus religiosa and my Kalanchoes pinnatae and Kalanchoes crenatae.

Thumbnail by Omoloya Thumbnail by Omoloya Thumbnail by Omoloya
Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I don't plant anything in the fall, but enjoy the autumn clean-up chores and how all the foliage and late flowers meld together is muted shades.

Thumbnail by bonehead
Santa Rosa, CA(Zone 9a)

Yes, indeed. I start cleaning up the summer garden and harvest the last of the fruits and veggies, then lay down new amendments and plant some sweet peas, lettuces, bulbs, and more fruits and veggies. I love autumn planning and planting.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I selected "brassicas", but could have selected the top 3 this year. I plant peas, kale, spinach, turnips, & anything that I have room for that will grow in zone 6. The kale came up voluntarily because I let last year's fall crop winter over & it went to seed in the Spring. I'm still harvesting my summer crop of cukes, squash, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, lima beans, & cheering for the okra (worst year that I've ever had for okra!). With all the summer crops still producing, I don't have the usual extra space for a fall crop. The best part of fall gardening, my garden is pest free!

Santa Rosa, CA(Zone 9a)

Not yet, but I am planning it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.