Daffodils are going in

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Got half of the bag of "The Works" daffodils in down in my rock garden this afternoon. Another 50 to go and I am going to put in some crocus and hyacinths but the hyacinths will be up close to the house so I can smell them. I finally used my bulb planter!
Martha

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Got 55 crocus bulbs in the front bed today and some portulaca I bought a couple of weeks ago and am finally getting into the ground. I also have some daylilies that have to go in as well. Hope to get the rest of the daffs in tomorrow.
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Sounds like a wonderful plan....should look super in the spring!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I also discovered yesterday that the ginormus chrysanthemum that is growing down in that bed has rooted some stems, so I now have at least 3 chrysanthemums where I started out with just one.
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Mine do spread......some of mine are just starting to bloom.....

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Taking a break from planting the rest of my daffodils. I will have about 200 in all told. and some crocus, grape hyacinth and regular hyacinths. Happy Spring!
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Well, we are getting closer to spring with each passing day....should be a song!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

The last of the "Works" daffodils are in the ground. My son helped me dig a small daffodil bed out back. and I put about 25 or so in there to finish off the bag plus a few of the pinks that I had left over from another section. Can't wait until spring!
Martha

Thomaston, CT

I can't either! One seed catalog came yesterday.....

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

It is supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow. Hope the daffodils get the message and get enough cold.
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Oh, yeah....just wait for December!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.