It started with an old drum from the inside of a dryer

Ellenboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I have been wanting a fire pit on my property for some time. When my husband tore apart our old dryer for salvage he asked me if there was anything that I could reuse. I knew immediately what to do with the drum. First I soda blasted it down to the metal. Then I applied high heat paint - flat black inside and copper gloss on the outside. Next I determined where I wanted to place it. We had a stone wall that needed to be finished on the top tier so I marked out a spot to place the drum. I dug down into the ground about 6 inches so the whole drum wasn't sticking out of the ground. Then it was just gathering stone from our property, which is pretty easy because we live on a mountain with all kinds of rock. That's about it, we burnt a fire last night and it was perfect. Total cost besides man-power was about $16-20 for the spray paint.

Thumbnail by Mtnma Thumbnail by Mtnma Thumbnail by Mtnma Thumbnail by Mtnma Thumbnail by Mtnma
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!