Failure To Connect

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Lately I have received a failure to connect response sometimes when connecting to Dave's Garden. I am not getting it anywhere else.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

We'll need some specifics. The next time it happens, can you send us a note to the helpdesk: http://davesgarden.com/helpdesk/dg/ with the exact wording of the error message, what part of the site you were trying to access, where you were coming from (browser, another site, another part of DG, and the date/time it occurred. We may also need to know the browser you're running. And what happens when you refresh or back up and try again.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Ok. Obviously it worked today, but yesterday it did not work on several tries. I willl do as you ask. For what it is worth, I am using Google Chrome with Windows 7. Perhaps Google Chrome has some hoops to jump through that sometimes cause it fail to connect to Web Server? Usually reloading will not help.

The fastest way to rule out a browser issue is to switch to another one and see if the problem persists.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

That's true, but I received a warning not to use the other installed browser until a security fix is developed for IE9.

There are many browsers you can try, and IE9 is (in my humble opinion) fine for a test-drive.

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

I have noticed the same problem off and on for the last several weeks. I am using Firefox 15.0.1 but the next time it happens I will also try with Internet Explorer. I assumed your server was busy or under maintenance.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Last week when this happened again to me I noted that it seemed to be related to simultaneous posting attempts to same thread or forum of posts over three lines long or containing photos. Being in the waiting line can timeout my connection. I imagine, but have no specific proof or details, that site is busy messages have to do with Daves Garden site traffic flow and not my system or browser or connection.

Can only imagine the effect on traffic here when users new and old find this site 'temporarily unavailable'.
Some live with the frustration and others give up or don't renew their subs.

And again, the repeated words to Admin, that this doesn't happen with any other sites we visit. Much appreciated is the efforts to address and resolve individual instances and concerns, while at the same time overall or site concerns go unresolved or unable to be addressed from the inside where a number of us believe the problems reside and therefore the 'solution' lies.

Perhaps there could be a user wide survey undertaken to gather sufficient data to pinpoint necessary upgrades or changes to this site? An all/any user approach rather than case by case.

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Yes, you make a good point, that whatever the reason is, or how justifiable it might be, that this problem doesn't happen with any other sites we visit. Certainly not to the extent that it happens here.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Yes, I would like to see DG take a proactive approach to site improvements and trouble shooting/upgrading services .

I wonder how many others there are who experience the same or similar problems and concerns for every one of us who speaks up? Any guesses?

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 6a)

All I know is, I’ve been trying for a week to find the answer to four questions :
1) where do I find the good vendor/bad vendor section?
2)I couldn’t see any place to simply post. What are the rules about that?
3)Is there a special section for day lilies?
4)Am I too dumb to live that I’ve been snooping around for about a week, and still don’t know the answer to the three questions above me?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I think the vendor section has been removed, but I'm not sure. They are in the process of updating the site and from what I understand, it is proving to be quite a task. It has created a lot of glitches that will take some time to straighten out. However, there should be less spam and greater security.

The Daylily forum is here: https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/search.php?q=daylily+forum
However, it seems to now be more for identification and you're right, there isn't a place for comments that I can see.

No, you're not dumb at all. Hopefully, things will smooth out soon.

This message was edited Sep 3, 2022 12:43 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.