Just an introduction and say WOW to all of your talent

Newark, DE

Hi all,

I just found this site a couple weeks ago and I wanted to say ALL y'all are amazing!

I have been dumpster diving for most of my life, starting very young with my grandmother :o) so I feel like I have found some long lost friends here. I've read most of the posts and I feel like I need to get a bowling ball and get started! I don't understand the purpose of the garden totems, but they look cool. Oh and Wuvie - you have me hooked on thinking about concrete ideas! I thought about that a few years ago but just didn't want to put money into all the molds, release chemicals, etc just to see if I enjoyed it. Now, that I know that non-stick spray and an old bowl is all I need....well it won't be long. I've never done mosaic anything, though again, I have thought about it a lot. I just didn't know where to start, but you girls have me itching to try that too.

As for what I have been doing (though not as much as I would like)... is painting. I like all mediums and on just about any surface, but my favorite is oil on canvas - hence my user ID choice. I attached some of my work. My other LOVE is photography, which is painting with light. Trust me, between the two, empty wall space barely exists. LOL

Hubby just had a double fusion on his lower back on Wednesday (the waiting room has WiFi and was where I read most of the posts). I just brought him home so I likely will not get much "fun me time" for a while. But I am reading and making plans......thanks to all of you!

When I get something done I will post pics for your critique and improvement suggestions.

Debbie

Thumbnail by lovetopaint Thumbnail by lovetopaint
This thread has 76 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!