Housebreaking

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

I have a brand new 3 month old chihuahua puppy that I'm having a tough time housebreaking.....I just think I've turned the corner & she peepees.....I feel she is aware 'cause she is starting to hide.....so far what I'm doing: outside at least a couple of times a hour unless she's sleeping.....always upon waking.....she spends long amounts of time with me playing with her and I keep her with me while I do chores on our property....she's still wetting inside at least 3 times a day....if I catch her in the act I scoop her up saying NO NO and take her outside immediately sitting her in the grass while I sit down with her......what am I doing wrong? How long is it before the "get it"? and how do I train her to go to the door and ask to go outside? our 9yr old BT just goes over & lays in front of the door....don't remember how we did it when he was a pup.....will she learn from him? Thank you for your Help and any suggestions you may have, I'd love to read your war stories.....I love her so much & am trying to stay between her & my husband who's just not happy about her not coming fully potty trained....lol Think her brother is gentle with her???

Thumbnail by Depsi Thumbnail by Depsi Thumbnail by Depsi Thumbnail by Depsi
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!