Please Help Quickly

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

I have an 11wk Chihuahua puppy that is snapping us, really biting and holding on.....drawing blood and just ornery......I have been handling it by distracting her with something else or just putting her down & ignoring her until she's calmed down.....our 9yr old BT has snapped her back 3 times, mostly very gentle and patient with her.....now our neighbors were here for dinner tonight and said you should snap the dog back in her snout, head or lips.....snap her with your knuckles....after they left I heard her yipe & determined my husband had snapped her in the nose.....I told him I know how strong his snap is because he's done it to the back of my head and I put a stop to that immediately because it hurt so much....this is a 2 lb puppy.....please help with suggestions to prevent this behavior.....the husband is a mean ass who enjoys being "tough" so getting him to stop is a exercise in frustration.....Thank you guys, I know you will come thru......Deb

This message was edited Sep 4, 2012 4:48 AM

Thumbnail by Depsi
This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!