Carol's plants

Calgary, Canada

Carol's plants are to be sold next Saturday afternoon after the Calgary Hort Plant Share.

Info is at calhort.org

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sure wish I lived close enough to attend..would be an honor to have some of her plants in my garden. Miss her!!!

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Carol would be so pleased that the plants she so lovingly tended were being sent to new homes.
I sure wish I lived closed too Betty ..

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

I still open our thread thinking I'll see her posts..

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Caroline thank you for the information. I too would like a few but it's a bit far to go. She has some lovely plants in her garden and her Gention ( no stem) is the best. I have not found any at a store yet that is the no stem variety. She also has the best fern leaf Peony ever!
If you go would you please wander and say hi to the garden for me. I do miss chatting to her.
Alberta Ann

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Caroline - I'm not sure from the Calg Hort site if it's all held at Carol's garden from Noon to 4pm?

Calgary, Canada

Yes, it is noon until 4 PM at Carol's Garden.
There will be people there to help dig the plants.
They have been listed and priced from $10.
Carol wanted this to be fund raiser for Calgary Hort.

My neighbour and Carol's neighbour have been taking care of the garden and the plants.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm sure she is looking down and smiling at what you are achieving in her memory..Carol was always thinking of others, even in her last days..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I will be there, Caroline. Thank you for posting this.

Calgary, Canada

The regular Cal Hort plant share is in the morning out on 50th Ave.

Then Carol's Garden at noon.

There is a silent auction of some gardening accessories.
some statues etc.--they have priced them from $100. as the low bid.
And a price of $250 as low bid for the light set up.

This message was edited Sep 7, 2012 12:58 PM

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thank you for the clarification - appreciate it "no end"!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here's the link to the Carol's Garden event
http://www.calhort.org/

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I was so sorry I couldn't find Carol's garden the other week. As it had been awhile since I went to her place, I googled her address and got totally turned around. After 3/4 of an hour driving around the neighbourhood, it was 4pm and the Garden Event was over.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

We (volunteers) were there well past 5PM. FYI, the Calgary Hort Society made over $9300 on the event. I really hope that they don't procrastinate too long and honour Carol's wishes of developing a decent CHS gardening forum. It is absolutely amazing that this entire garden consisted of 99.9% perennials. Colour all season.

Susan, I have a lily from her garden that you may have for remembrance. Do you remember how to get to my house? I will d-mail my phone number & address.

side note: My DG membership is due today. I don't have the funds to renew, so this may be it. Great bunch at DG

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Oh Joanna - thank you ever so much. I really appreciate the remembrance of Carol and will treasure it.

How truly wonderful that the Society made so much on Carol's Garden!!

btw - The Calgary Hort is helping our community design a community garden - Winston Heights Mountview. I'm on the committee and the meeting between our Committee Chair and Janet (CHS) is on Thursday.
I'm looking forward to hearing what the Chair and Janet come up with.

This message was edited Sep 19, 2012 8:31 AM

Calgary, Canada

More of us will follow, joanna.
This is the only one where you must pay!

See you on one of the freebees.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi Folks
I want to say thanks to Joeannabanana as I will have a paeony from Carols' garden because Joeanne remembered me! I was unable to get down to Calgary on the day of the sale.
I have an ITOAH (sp?) called Dandy Dan that Carol had treasured. I will look after him in my garden and he's on his way to me.
thanks Again JB

Alberta Ann

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I also am a fortunate recipient of one of Carol's plants because of Joannabanana!
She got a lily for me, and I'm really happy with it. S'funny, my name, Susan, means Lily.....
Joanne is no longer online with DG, but I did want to let everyone know of her thoughtfulness and generosity in getting this lily for me. I don't know it's colour, however it will be a glorious surprise next year when it blooms!

Susan in Calgary

Victoria Harbour, ON

How blessed ou both are..miss Carol!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.