September 3rd, 2012: Mexican Sunflower (Tithonia rotundifolia) by Dinu

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

The Bloom of the Day for September 3rd, 2012 was Mexican Sunflower (Tithonia rotundifolia).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2012-09-03

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Fantastic photo!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Lovely! I'm appreciating like it is a picture taken by others! It was the morning sun that day and I had enjoyed that shot! Many thanks for the choice today. I'm sorry to say that the plant no longer grows in my garden. I failed to collect seeds and it did not grow volunteers. I really miss the bright red colour.

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

It's an excellent shot Dinu, thanks for sharing it!

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Beautiful capture!

Beautiful morning capture, Dinu! I had these some years back and think your pic has inspired me to try some next year. :)

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Thanks everyone. The colour of the petal also is a lovely bright red that appears to be fluorescent esp. when there is a particular amount of light on it. It does not glow like that in full sun. I miss that.

Good luck with that, GGK.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

As always Dinu a wonderful shot. I had that at one time in my garden, but didn't come back after the cold winter. I haven't seen anymore in the garden centers since. I have the big yellow that comes back with vengeance year after year.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Here also, I've not got to see it anywhere since. Thanks for looking at this picture and enjoying.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.