Please help identify this Daylily

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

I've looked and looked at all kinds of pink daylilys and cannot find the name of this one that we call Late Rose. There is a possibility it is not even registered, but I believe it is a registered hybrid.

It kind of looks like CHORUS LINE, or EYE DECLARE, but not totally. At least to me....

I am attaching 3 different photos, as it looks different in August than when it first bloomed on July 21. First year as I purchased this one in August 2011, and it had 19 blooms above the foliage.

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Kind of either looks like Abbot's Magic or Elegant Candy

Abbot's Magic, Elegant Candy

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Thanks Hemlady! Personally I don't believe it is either one of those, but could be. I looked those 2 up on Tinkers and there is such a variation in color that I just don't know.

I should have said, I believe my "late rose" is a dormant. It is 24-28" tall and bloomed like crazy. The daylily was raised and sold out of Litchfield Connecticut and he has mostly dormants there.

Linda

Chapel Hill, NC

Chorus Line is fragrant, blooms prolifically and re-blooms when happy. Do you blooms have a scent?

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

I don't know if it is fragrant or not. It is through blooming for the year and I didn't think to smell it when it was blooming. As you can see from the pics I posted, it looked different each time it bloomed. I purchased it in August 2011 (my daughter picked it out) and had 19 blooms on 3 scapes, so it did very well here in 7b zone, even though the temps were in the high 90's and low 100's during that time.

First bloom was July 21 and the last one was August 19.

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Any more suggestions? I'd really like to know what this daylily is. Thanks.

Linda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.