Fern leaf dill puzzle

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I do grow, and allow volunteers to grow- of fern leaf dill. It starts out with delicate little 'fronds?' but then it disappears into this long stemmed bare of anything but flowerlets/seeds. Tiny very potent full of life seeds- seems I never get enough of em stripped off that stem! Is this normal? Am I just not missing something chowing down on everything but flower? The fronds are gone. Yes, partial shade, long stems are chasing sun, but no fronds.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Kittriana ~ mine do the same. I have been growing a couple of types of smaller dill and they both do the same.

I just assumed the foliage was sensistive to heat and when the dill bolted with blooms, the foliage died back.

You mean you don't eat the blooms and the seeds too? You are missing some nummy treats. lol

You must be home to be puzzling over this conundrum. Kristi

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I won't be home til late Sept, driving leaves me long hours to chew on Anything I can to keep alert- never thought about it before, but figured someone was home to watch this occurrence and let me see what they see, chuckl, smaller dills- ok. Don't know if the kids would shoot me or not for dill in their dinner, hehehe.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.