Has anyone tried the Peter Pugger Studio Press

Sioux Falls, SD

Or does anyone know someone who has? I'm wondering how they compare with the Ram Press studio presses. They're a lot less expensive and push 5 tons less but all I'll be pressing is a pizza stone so no really fancy molds and I only need to press about 12 tons anyway. I'm also wondering if you've ever compared slab results from a press to those from a slab roller (assuming they were pugged first). How much more dense are those from a press? Thank you in advance for your help.
Matt

P.S. I am a complete newbie to anything ceramic and am only beginning to learn. I will be limited to pizza stones (maybe casserole dishes some day) and pressing clays like petalite, mullite, etc. along with a small amount of ball clay for plasticity and a mix (good plasticity in its own right) containing iron for a red finish (iron) made by my clay supplier.

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!