Oh Boy ..

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Well, this coming week should be interesting .. on the one hand, the gingers and hardy hibiscus are going to be very happy .. on the other hand, I don't have very good percolation - probably should dust off the wellies.

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Are you floating?

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Yes .. 5.75 inches of rain in the last 2 days - freaking moles/voles have my sinking over my ankles in my wellies .. how bout you? Certainly you are getting something out of all this?

We did get some rain finally but there is no flooding here. We had about 4" over the past 3 days and it was welcome.

I hate the moles, it is really a mess when those tunnels fill up with rain water then accidentally you step in them, been there done that. I wonder if we poured a bit of caster oil in the tunnels during a storm if it would spread throughout the system and encourage them to go elsewhere?

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I don't think there is anything that will really deter them. I pretty much keep everything they like in containers and only stuff they don't like in the ground - the tunnels though are a real problem when it rains a lot.

Moles don't eat plants, they eat grubs and earthworms. They kill plants by exposing the roots to air which dries them out. If you have actual plant damage you have voles, they do like plants.

Just saw in the paper that Mt. Pleasant got more than 13" of rain the othere day, how did you do?

This message was edited Aug 31, 2012 9:16 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.