Lyuda's Mom's Large Pink Ukranian

Hopkinsville, KY

Nice tomato. Pant was and is disease free so far. Good flavor, low production from the one plant I grew. This was the first year to gro

Thumbnail by kygreg2000 Thumbnail by kygreg2000
Salem, NY(Zone 4b)

How come I know it only as Lyuda's Mom's Large Red Ukrainian? LOL

That's where it's listed in the SSE YEarbooks and here's Tania's page for it:

OK, found there is a pink one as well but it sounds strange to me that Patty got both out of the same seeds sent to her, and many years apaet, yet they differ in shape and size.

So here's the original one:

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Lyuda%27s_Mom%27s_Large_Red_Ukrainian

And here's the other one:

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Lyuda%27s_Mom%27s_Large_Pink_Ukrainian

And I see that Tania has put a ? after the comment about "discovering" this one.

I've heard good things about the red but not the pink and makes sense since the pink was only discovered in 2011.

Patty has sent many pictures to Tania so they know each other very well and I expect that that's how Tania first got her seeds.

And KY, where did you get your seeds for the pink one, sayin' I didn't Google it, but saw no seed sources at Tania's page for the pink. Just curious.

Carolyn

Hopkinsville, KY

I received both Red and Pink seeds of Lyuda's Mom's from Patty. The pinks is a very healthy 6ft plant, but has produced only 2 fruits thus far, each weighing a little over a pound.

The Red plant is healthy and about 5ft tall but not as vigorous as the Pink one. It has produced about 18-20 6-10 oz fruits thus bar.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Looks like a beauty! I'm having very low production this year, presumably from the bizarre weather this summer. Most of my plants are either dead or half dead, but there are still quite a few tomatoes out there, in varying sizes. Hopefully I will get a few more.

The only "real" tomato I've gotten 18-20 of was the Market Wonder. That one started early and keeps cranking them out.

Nice to hear reviews on the "new" tomatoes - keeps me salivating like Pavlov's dog!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.