A wander around the Vic and SA border area.

Merino, Australia

Thought I would post these as a quick look around the corner of the country where I live. We are about and hour from the SA border and often go wandering around .
This was from a days outing yesterday in which we found ourselves crossing back and forth over the border about 5 times.
The river and the roads all meander about so much , one never knows which sate we are in .
At one stage of the drive , we found ourselves crossing the border about 3 time sin half an hour as we roamed around the back tracks.
Many different types of countryside here. Most is now under plantations ( both pine & eucalyptus)
There is a lot of open dairy farm area with rolling hills
Plenty of flat land which gets covered in shallow water filled with water birds of all sorts.
Plenty of eucalyptus forest along with limestone formations and caves.
The caves go right back up into SA . We had an enjoyable walk through the forest above the Princess Margaret Rose caves.
We have been down in the beautiful caves before but just did the walk above this time.
Enjoy the pics, Not great ones but it was a windy and dull day . The sun was out for quite a bit but not when I was taking any pics..
Jean.

pic 1.....a pretty little hidden picnic area
pic 2...the creek nearby
pic 3 ..Port McDonnell
pic 4 ..another view of the town
pic 5.. along the beach.

Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

A few more ..
pic 6 .. Glenelg River
pic 7... limestone cliffs along the river
pic .8 some of the eucalypt forest along the river
pic 9 ..one of the lovely wattles that abound in the area.
pic 10 .. red heath, very common everywhere in the area.

Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

pic 11...This is an example of the rocky area along the coast, no beach sand to play on just here.
pics 12. & 13.... these rocky outcrops occur in various sizes all along the coast, great places for birds to rest and preen.
some of the larger ones are the nesting rookeries.
pic 14.....Donovans Landing. A lovely little hidden place along the river.
pic 15 ....Black swans on one of the large wet area. These are great places for the birds until summer dries them up.
Then the paddocks revert to just the usual dry grass and you would never know they are miniature lakes in winter.

Jean.

Clifton Springs, Australia

Lovely pics Jean,
Donovan's Landing looks interesting...
I love the pic of the creek...
The caves must be amazing inside...imagine what they were used for in earlier times...

Brisbane, Australia

I missed seeing these, Jean. What a lovely area to explore. Love seeing these.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.