Best tool ever!

Seattle, WA

This question could go under so many categories, definitely under metal working. My husband bought something fabulous at a yard sale several years ago, and now it's the best tool ever. I never have seen others, however. All it is is a length of lead plumbing pipe like we all used to have in our homes before PVC, maybe 24" and 1 3/4" in diameter---whatever fits your hand. Someone took a tool of some sort and sliced it vertically, on an angle, maybe 9" down, so as to form a super sharp tip. It is simply awesome for digging up weeds, and in situations where you want to go down pretty deep. After years of prying up and leveraging out rocks and bigger rocks, the poor thing is so abused, that I've started thinking, how can I get more? And why doesn't everyone have these? Very cheap and useful. Now for the fishermen out there, my neighbors know it all, and informed me that these are really for holding your fishing rod while you go off and do something else. I'm fine with that. I also see it as a good temporary flag holder, which could be made any length. You can just pound it right into the ground. No digging! Who would I enlist to make something like this for me? It would have lasted for ever if I hadn't been too lazy to go after a crowbar when moving rocks around. It still works, but the sharp tip is a bit bent at this point.

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!