Mini bamboo fence

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

I need a mini bamboo fence for my outdoor Japanese mini garden. Saw one somewhere on the internet. Cannot find where I saved it. Really cute with criss cross design. Help!! now I'm ready to buy it and have spent a couple of hours trying to find it again.
Thanks for any and all help,
Sylvia

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

You know I saw that too, I looked on my favorite miniatures sites for you and I can't find it either. What a bummer.
Maybe you could find some "heavenly" bamboo in someone's garden and make something yourself with some super glue and heavy thread. Might be a fun project.
Dee

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Excellent idea.........I have a dead heavenly bamboo in a pot.
Thank you, thank you and God Bless
Sylvia

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Hi dillansnana, I would love to see a pic of your bamboo fence when you get it or make it. I have a lot of 2 inch bamboo I've been planing on making a headboard with. Just unsure on how to do it tho.

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Don't hold your breath joyce. Takes me a lot of thinking before I get to doing.
Really would love to find the one I saw on the internet and thought I saved...grrr:(

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

I know what you mean - I think my bamboo will succumb to dry rot before I can decide on a pattern for the headboard.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Oh come on you guys, these little projects are such a joy to do.
If I had some little bamboo I'd offer my services to dillansnana to make her a fence.
This is fun stuff! You could tie a knot and put a little wooden bead inbetween the bamboo pieces to separate them a little.
I do have black bamboo, how about a black bamboo fence? How long do you want it? Do you want a gate in that?
My creativity runs amouk regularly.

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

OMG! I love Black Bamboo! The ends of the branches may be thin enough for a miniature fence. That would be beautiful. Quilting thread may be good to make the ties as it is stronger.

Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

If you're using black bamboo you might like to get the Japanese black waxed twine from Gardeners Supply.
I use it all the time with bamboo and every where in the garden to tie plants back or run nearly invisible line between plants so they don't fall on their neighbors.

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

I finally found in my bookmarks the one I had saved. Also by chance (Amazon lurks) another that might be even better.

Again thanks for all your input!
God bless,
Sylvia

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

I found these on ebay.com. I love the first one but don't care for the fake tree.

Thumbnail by joycerogers0713 Thumbnail by joycerogers0713

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.