Cat help, please!

Seattle, WA

Wish I could take the time to read about all your cute pets, but I have a crisis going on here at my house. I have four cats: Two that are in love with each other, and two who detest each other. One is a nervous eater, and it shows. The other is pretty darned wild, and lives to hunt. Needless to say, he is always chomping at the bit to go out. That's my Lucky, and he has already gotten into lots of trouble with cars, other cats, and people. He's the $6000 cat at this point. Today's crisis is due to Lucky's fondness for another neighbor's house. They have cats, both indoor and out, and apparently Lucky has destroyed their screen door trying to get in, and scratched ferociously at their front door, damaging the door frame. He is alleged to have savaged their indoor/outdoor cat twice, resulting in $2000 of vet bills. I don't disbelieve all this at all, but I fail to see the attraction, as they claim they have squirted him with water and tried to fend him off with garden tools. I told them to give him a blast with the garden hose, but supposedly nothing works. They have nicknamed him Osama bin Laden, and are compiling a list of witnesses. This tells me they are working up a lawsuit. I believe Lucky can be very territorial and aggressive, but this is way beyond my understanding. He does spray in our house, which tells me he is unhappy that Sheba loathes him. I am never quite quick enough to see which of them initiates the bad action, but suffice it to say, they are oil and water. How simple it would be to just keep him locked up in a dungeon, because that's what we would need. Yes, I too would like all cats to be safe indoors and stop preying on songbirds, but some cats just won't sit still for that. He was a country cat, apparently, probably descended from a long line of barn cats. Except for this one neighbor, most really like Lucky, although he will try to go inside and see what THEIR cats are having for dinner.....usually they can just shoo him out. The other neighbors say he stands his ground. Help!

This thread has 21 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!