Braces - I just got 'em!!

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

So, here I am, 48 years old, and while in the process of getting numerous things in my mouth fixed, *before* getting a bridge made for one spot on the bottom, DH asks me if maybe, before (or instead of) putting in the bridge, might I be a candidate for braces? He urges me to find out as he knows how self-conscious I have always been about my terribly crooked bottom teeth. Well, lo and behold, the answer is YES. At the last visit I had with my regular dentist, *he* said that he figured I could wear them, so he referred me to a WONDERFUL orthodontist (whom I saw last Wednesday), who also said "YES!!" to braces for me, and so I went back this past Saturday and had them put on. Just the bottom teeth, but still, now this nearly-50-year-old has a new look, LOL!! And of course, me being me, I just HAD to have the hot pink bands put on. Can't go pinkless now can I? < =D

So now I'm wondering: Has anyone else here worn braces as an adult? Got any helpful hints or tips for this (old) newbie?

This thread has 97 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!